Best McBrain / Smith / Dickinson Song

Vote for your favorite McBrain / Smith / Dickinson song!

• Total voters

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
With a revival of these types of polls on MaidenFans, I felt it was only right that the real question gets asked: what’s your favorite McBrain / Smith / Dickinson song from the band’s elaborate discography? I know it may be tough, since they’ve done some amazing work as a trio of writers, but hopefully you can make your choices so that we can get a definitive answer!

I personally gotta go with “New Frontier”; what a powerful statement on humanity that truly transcends music as a whole. It’s like if you take everything that Tool try to brand themselves as and condense it into a single song. Truly a mindblowing experience and an unbelievable classic for the years to come!

How about you?

I'm fairly confident New Frontier has been the Maiden blueprint ever since, to the extent that Maiden have become a failure. By that, I mean they have three full albums worth of material which tried to be "New Frontier" but didn't quite get there. This is why the follow up to "The Book Of Souls" is taking so damn long. They are revisiting New Frontier on an hourly basis, just to make sure they get just the right vibe for upcoming songs. From what I've gathered, they are halfway through. Just five more years of hourly spins left.

People - the 'change vote' option is there for a reason. Some of you seem to have miss-clicked and voted for "New Frontier", instead of the obvious best song, "New Frontier".

Was it worth the risk of cloning these poll entries? It feels like a war of god and man.

Yup, if it weren't for those blasted New Frontier votes it would have been pretty smooth.
Mozzarella mob strikes again, I guess.
Clearly the vocals on instance #1 are glass-gargling garbage. I don’t know how anyone can listen to that tripe.

Instance #3 sounds like Gollum after putting the One Ring on his tallywacker. What’s with this horrendous black metal bullshit?

Instance #5 is the only one that rates. The others sound like bad demos.

Clearly the vocals on instance #1 are glass-gargling garbage. I don’t know how anyone can listen to that tripe.

Instance #3 sounds like Gollum after putting the One Ring on his tallywacker. What’s with this horrendous black metal bullshit?

How do you like Dennis Stratton's solo on instance 2?

That's only because you're too biased to appreciate the unique atmosphere on #7.

How do you like Dennis Stratton's solo on instance 2?
Slightly better than the guy-who-stood-in-for-Janick-in-“The-Angel-And-The-Gambler”-video’s solo on instance #6.

Back