Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No More Lies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For the Greater Good Of God

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Powergirl81

Trooper
28 songs?? Wow! I vote for Rime, cuz it has it all....good story, Harris' bass, and killer solos!  :D

7th Son comes in a close 2nd...

:blink:

Could you really not have narrowed it down any further?  By setting the time limit at 6 or 7 minutes, perhaps?

I choose Fear of the Dark (with Hallowed a close second), for the reasons in the 'Best Maiden Song' thread.

EDIT: I would not call any of the following songs 'epic' in terms of track length or general structure.

Prodigal Son
Where Eagles Dare
The Duellists
Caught Somewhere In Time
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Infinite Dreams
Weekend Warrior
Judgement Of Heaven
Blood On the World's Hands
Angel and the Gambler
Educated Fool
Don't Look To the Eyes Of A Stranger
Blood Brothers

Some of them, you could argue, yes...but 5:00?  That's a single length, to me!

Re: Best Harris Epic...over 7:00

Yeah, I should have...hold on, I'll see what I can do...
Sorry, folks...I got carried away...hope this helps  :)

If Hallowed Be Thy Name wasn't on that list, I couldn't possibly choose.  But since it is, it's an easy choice.  :bigsmile:

I was going to comment on what would share the title of the second best, but looking at that list again, I'm so undecisive I'll just shut up.

Very easy poll, even if it would consist of all Harris songs.

*Imitating Bruce from LAD* -->
....THE RIME of the ANCIENT MARINER!!!!     :yey:

Taken from "Best song"-topic:

A song with different sides. Threatening, thundering, powerful, overwhelming, marching.

The solos fit very well together --> Last note of H is Dave's first note. Nice harmonies, haunting lyrics, boneslicing rhythm guitars, how long shall I continue ?

Oh well, if they won't play it before they call it quits, I will throw away my complete Iron Maiden collection.  :mad:  ;)

Forostar said:

....THE RIME of the ANCIENT MARINER!!!!    :yey:

Oh well, if they won't play it before they call it quits, I will throw away my complete Iron Maiden collection.  :mad:  ;)

:bigsmile:  I swear I read that from you everytime you mention TRotAM.

I choose For the Greater Good of God because it is the most recent and because I absolutely love the playful section with the solos.

Gosh, how do I choose from that. Hallowed be thy Name is easily my favourite from that list, but to me it's kind of standard in length. Phantom of the Opera is another one I would rate highly but again, it just doesn't bear to mind an epic.
Sooo I said The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. "The moral of this story is what not to do if a bird shits on you"  :bigsmile:

Reorxx said:
Sooo I said The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. "The moral of this story is what not to do if a bird shits on you"  :bigsmile:
Genghis Khan said:
....THE RIME of the ANCIENT MARINER!!!!      :yey:

That's why it's in my signature  :D

That's his best line

For the Greater Good of God gets my vote. Not really sure why, maybe because it is the most recent.

i voted for Phantom Of the Opera, always loved that song and it was brilliant to hear it played live again on the early days part 1 tour in 2005.

Sign Of The Cross gets my vote, it's as epic as can be and totally wicked instrumental work, with a dose of Nicko's Madness.
Can't get over that song. BECAUSE nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

7:05 - starting of the best climaxes of Metal history.

Hallowed makes it easy for me. After that, I'm at a loss. Phantom, To Tame A Land, Rime, Alexander, Fear Of The Dark, Sign Of The Cross and For The Greater Good of God are pretty much all in the same league of brilliance.

Seventh Son of Seventh Son. The singing is great and the guitar work, especially in the second half, is beyond brilliant. For the greater Good of God, The Sign of the Cross, and Hallowed Be Thy Name come extremely close.

To Tame A Land. Phantom being a very close second. I remember seeing Maiden in 1983 on the World Piece Tour and was totally blown away seeing them play To Tame A Land live.

Back