Best Album of the 2002

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
Damage Done - Dark Tranquillity................if u like gothenburg metal, a must buy, here is the review from metalforlife.com, so what do u guys think?

Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done Review by Pete *****

I regret to say I at first had my doubts about this album. Then as the hype grew, my expectations grew slightly. Now all my doubts are dispelled in full. For what else could I say about Damage Done? Oh yeah. This. This album rules, and you do actually need it. Need. Without it your life is incomplete. That’s how good this is. Already talented as individuals, they interweave their instruments to create songs that is so much greater than the sum of the parts in best DT fashion. They have eradicated all weaknesses in this. The melodic, keyboard heavy approach developed Haven is now truly married to the power of the Gallery and the Mind’s I. A truly formidable machine honed over a decade and 5 brilliant full lengths (2/3rds of the band are founding members, very rare in the European scene). Quite possibly the finest twin guitar attack to ever walk the planet, its launched off the solid bass and inspired drumming of Nicklasson and Jivarp. The keyboards only add a beautiful extra dimension to the melody, and through all of this comes Mikael Stanne’s vocals, storming with all the strength and emotion that he ever showed anywhere. Their songs are varied yet coherent, in the finest spirit of contradiction that they love so. I’d pick some standout tracks... but I’m finding it impossible. They have rewritten the rulebook they helped write so long ago, and this release should finally blast them out of the shadows into their deserved limelight as the best Melodic Death band in Sweden, and one of the finest bands, together or dead to ever grace metal. In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy - you name them, if they have any sense they should be taking copious notes. The perfect mix of aggression, intensity, emotion and beauty is used here to forge an album perfect in every way. Only one problem remains for Dark Tranquillity. How the hell are they going to beat this?

Live rock in rio

Well, its the only one i brought [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

live affter death

rock in rio

sevcen son of a seven son (downloaded, getting real version as soon as i have anoth money)

Number of the beast (Copy, gettingreal as soon as i can)

R2R? hell Damage Done blows R2R.............hee hee

Dark how long have u been maiden fan? and how did u find maidenfans? just curious?.................

Correction: Dark Tranquillity blow In Flames away...

Full stop.

I would have to say Rock In Rio As well coz its the most uptodate album i have bought this year the rest are old albums that have been out for ages.
:head:

Know you weren't asking me, but I'll give you my opinion anyway. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I think Resurrection was better.

Back