Be'lakor

Just finished Of Breath and Bone and I fear this might be one of those bands where everything starts to sound the same? It's still a good album that I enjoyed listening to, but I don't think I could pick out any parts from individual songs. Everything is very "wall of sound" driven across the record and I wish there were more dynamics.

I feel like I heard 6 different variations of the "video game" style riffs first heard in Sun's Delusion off Stone's Reach (from 5:40-6:48). It sounded really cool there, but it's incredibly over-recycled on this record. Excited to move on to the next album, but so far this one made the least impact on me.

Hot damn, it's the exact opposite on Vessels! There's a ton of variety in dynamics and sheer power on this album and it's far more effective than the previous record upon first listen. I love the shades of darkness and...louder darkness...throughout this record. The flow is great, the sound is great, the theme is, I think, everything Tuomas from Nightwish dreams he could say with far fewer words. Killer album!

Yes, they are quite repetitive in Of Breath and Bone, and recycle the riffs from the previous album too. Still like it all.

New album from this band out today, and looks like they've matured yet again. They're getting increasingly adventurous with time changes, more atmospheric keyboards/piano, lovely and less repetitive melodies. Arguably they fit better in the progressive metal camp than melodic death now

Back