BBC condemn Death Metal

Death Metal Murders didn't actually tell me anything that I don't already know about Metal. Slayer, Mayhem and Deicide were featured but it was mostly about this boy who dissapeared after getting involved in a Satanic Cult in Milan. He was starting to mock his friends about it so they killed him, charming. The boys father said that Satanism and Metal come side by side and they should be stopped. He seemd to think that Maiden and Pantera are Death metal, but he doesn't know much about it and he was really upset. The people that killed the boy were part of a group called "The Beasts of Satan" and some are in prison while others are still on trial. Bunch of loosers that take song lyrics literally.

Is that enough $yk0_H? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Programme wasn't that bad on the whole, it offered a rounded view. The Professor guy on near the end offered the best opinion: "Music like this can push people over the edge but only if they take it too serious". The message I got was that Metal is music, not a way of life.

What else did the say?, did the talk about Children of Bodom and the murders in the lake, or did they blame some bands?

[!--QuoteBegin-Metal_made+Nov 25 2005, 05:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Metal_made @ Nov 25 2005, 05:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]What else did the say?, did the talk about Children of Bodom and the murders in the lake, or did they blame some bands?
[snapback]123978[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Well seing as the murders were not "inspired" by Bodom, no. C.O.B are named after the murders, not the other way round.

Well, I think that some people would deliberately mistake it that way because they want a cheap reason to attack metal. The show was pretty good though I have to say.

Well the Mayhem part was sacredly blasphemous! With Maniac cutting his arms with barbed wire and all that lovely stuff. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Nov 25 2005, 12:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Nov 25 2005, 12:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well seing as the murders were not "inspired" by Bodom, no.  C.O.B are named after the murders, not the other way round.
[snapback]123979[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, but I wanted to know if they mentioned it, something like "There are bands of death metal that love murders", or something like that, you know how this people are

The pig heads have been part of Mayhem's tradition since their very first gig. Even though back then, they weren't let on stage because everyone in town hated them so the pig heads rotted. They didn't mention that when Dead blew his head off, Euronomyous took a picture of it and put it on the cover on one of their bootlegs. Dawn Of The Blackhearts if I'm not mistaken.

Back