Album personnel's first and last gigs

A

Anonymous

Paul Di’Anno
First show: 1978, December 31 - East London, England (Ruskin Arms)
Last show: 1981, September 10 - Copenhagen, Denmark (Odd Fellow)

Bruce Dickinson
First show: 1981, October 26 - Bologna, Italy (Palasport)
Last show: 1993, August 28 - London, England (Pinewood Studios)
First show (returning): 1999, July 11 – Saint John’s, Canada (Harbor Station)
Last show (returning): n/a

Blaze Bayley
First show: 1995, September 28 – Jerusalem, Israel (Sing Sing)
Last show: 1998, December 13 - Buenos Aires, Argentina (Estadio Velez Sarsfield)

Dave Murray
First show: 1976
Last show: n/a

Dennis Stratton
First show: 1980 February 01 - Aberdeen, Scotland (Aberdeen University)
Last show: 1980 October 13 - Drammen, Norway (Drammenshalle)

Adrian Smith
First show: 1980, November 21 - Uxbridge, England (Brunel University)
Last show: 1988, December 12 - London, England (Hammersmith Odeon)
First show (returning): 1999, July 11 – Saint John’s, Canada (Harbor Station)
Last show (returning): n/a

Janick Gers
First show: 1990, September 19 - Milton Keynes, England (Woughton Centre)

Steve Harris
First show: 1976, May 17 - Stratford, England (Cart & Horses Tavern)

Clive Burr
First show: 1980 February 01 - Aberdeen, Scotland (Aberdeen University)
Last show: 1982, December 10 - Niggata, Japan

Nicko McBrain
First show: 1983, May 02 - Hull, England (Hull City Hall)

Please correct me wherever I've made a mistake and see if you guys can fill in the blanks!

Paul Di'Anno - Last: 10 September 1981 (Copenhagen Odd Fellow, Denmark)
Dennis Stratton - First: February 1 1980 (Aberdeen University, UK). Last: 13 October 1980 (Drammenshallen, Norway)
Clive Burr - First: February 1 1980 (Aberdeen University, UK) Last: 10 December 1982 (Niggata, Japan)
Nicko McBrain - First: 2 May 1983 (Hull City Hall, UK)
Adrian Smith - Last: December 12 1988 (Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK)

Shadow, thanks for those tidbits! BTW are you sure Dennis and Clive made their live debuts together?

I thought Clive had joined the band and gigged with them as a 4-piece (Paul/Dave/Steve/Clive) before they added Dennis...

PS: I edited my first post to include your info.

More from Run To The Hills (thank you Mick Wall!):

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]When Dennis arrived, he found a full-on audition in progress for both a guitarist and a drummer. "We had a drink and a chat and it was like I'd got the job," he says.[/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]According to the received wisdom of the time, Clive Burr had been brought to Steve Harris' attention by the all-knowing Neal Kay, who had spotted the future Maiden drummer during his short tenure with their London NWOBHM rivals Samson. Steve, on the other hand, now claims that "we got Clive through auditions. We auditioned a few people. One bloke I'd seen who was really good was John Mylett, who had been in a band called Nutz, who were quite well known for a time in the '70s, before the punk thing came in and blew them away. Then later he joined another band who became quite well known as Rage. And it was between him and Clive, basically. In fact, John may even have been a better drummer, technically, than Clive, but in the end we gave it to Clive because he had this certain feel to his playing that felt right, and he was a nice bloke. Clive just had a certain something about him we liked, you know? And he was also from 'round our area as well, a West Ham supporter, so that sort of helped as well. And John had this kind of attitude about him, like he' d been there, done it and just wasn't all that impressed with starting again, so he was sort of not sure about what he was gonna do, and I thought, 'Well I ain't having none of that. I don't want someone who is gonna come in and then bugger off if they get abetter offer.' We wanted someone like us, who was hungry and didn't mind mucking in, so we chose Clive."

"Dennis suggested Clive and we arranged an audition," says Rod Smallwood. "Clive came in and I thought, 'Wow, I hope he can play, because he looks great.' He had this big, cheery face and great clothes. Clive always looked a million dollars in those days. It was obvious he could play, and he seemed like a really nice bloke as well, so we decided to offer it to him. I remember Clive had to leave early from the audition, because he had a job playing in a pub that night, and so, after we'd picked him as our man, we decided to surprise him and all turn up at this pub he was playing and tell him he'd got the job. He was so embarrassed, because he was playing brushes in this geriatric old pub, just as background noise in a boozer for a fiver and a few beers, you know? I seem to remember it was Boxing Day. But it was definitely Dennis that suggested him, yeah."
[/quote]

[!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maverick and Ancient Mariner, thanks for your info! I guess our "chart" is now complete...well, unless someone has the exact date of Blaze's first gig, and Dave Murray's one too...

may I direct you fellas to the following threads now so you can dust out some more info from the mental Maiden archives? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[a href=\'http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?showtopic=5897\' target=\'_blank\']Iron Maiden members since day one[/a]

...AND...

[a href=\'http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?showtopic=5896\' target=\'_blank\']Charting the early Maiden lineups[/a]

Cheers!

Bruce's last gig was at Pinewood Studios if you want to be specific about venues [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ancient Mariner, yeah that was the Raising Hell show...thanks for the heads up. Also corrected the "returning" first shows for Bruce and H, there was a show before Montreal...

And I checked the site's gig archive (doh, shoulda thought of that earlier) and corrected Blaze's one...it's all done now.

See if you can help me in those other 2 threads [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back