A Michael Kiske message...

Shaman

Ancient Mariner
To all my Enemies and Arch-Enemies of free Music
(and to all of my friends too, as some material for the truth of art)

Fully devastating CD reviews from people with absolutely no sense for the matter, who only arrogantly destroy everything they can’t understand or that won’t fit into their own personal taste are nothing more than a public demonstration of their own incompetence. Look, I don’t get it! That’s most of the time all there is to it, folks. But as it is only natural for the permanent mental puberty, he’s not the smallest bit aware of the embarrassment of his own public revelations, and so he loudly barks and blames the music for his own inability. Representative for all small-minds of course he’s missing all necessary decency or manners to at least shut his mouth about things he can’t understand, so he publicly dogmatises pontifical-like his own limited musical horizon. And the angrier the tone, the more suspicious. It seems like his hidden anger about his own stupidity subconsciously drives his hatred for any kind of music he can’t handle. We can always easily find out moral wimps by their complete absence of respect for the individual, and the permanent try to force everything over the vaulting horse of their own ego. The world simply has to end were their own musical horizon ends. But thank GOD it doesn’t, you jerks! The worst musical ass-kissers are welcome in your world and get your applause as long as you get what you can eat! Anyone that kisses your butt with his music is your hero! But I won’t do that for you! Cause these are only your morals towards Music, not mine! You reveal your wimpy heart clearly through your words! Your kind of attitude separates you from all real music and man! –

It has been exactly this kind of pseudo-morals and arrogant disrespect for the artist or the other musical understanding that made me feel more and more wrong placed in the Heavy Metal scene over the years. Everything that doesn’t fit into the officially approved Heavy Metal norm gets destroyed. It doesn’t get the established and authenticated seal of the Heavy-Metal-Philistine-Guild. But what if this seal was never the goal? What if your musical yardstick is not mine? What if you have nothing to do with the things you cry about, and you just don’t get the fact that you are totally misplaced? –

The cool and exciting Heavy Metal and Hard rock scene of the eighties has shrunken down over the years to its nowadays meaninglessness exactly because of your kind of stupidity, fake morals and destructive pseudo-ideals! That’s why so many kids of today much rather like to listen to Rap or Hip Hop. That’s your work! You make every evolution or true creativity impossible. Words like: freedom, honesty, revolution or art are only empty phrases and lies coming out of your mouth. In the eyes of the truth you are arch-enemies of honest music! You are everything that kills and blockades all free creativity! Under your control all musical evolution or progress of an artist dies out slowly. In my eyes you are nothing more than open haemorrhoids on the ass of the music world! Unable to do your job! Totally wrong! All mediocrity, all mind-low-riders will feel at home in your atmosphere! Immorality and foolishness will seek you like the fly seeks the dirt! People like you always show me clearly were I don’t belong, what I don’t want to have anything to do with, what I never wanted to be a part of! You and your alike really have nothing to do with me, and I have nothing to do with you! And your reviews prove nothing else than that! Your world is send back to you! I don’t want it! I have no share in it! And that’s the same with your (so called): reviews. They are just as interesting as a pimple on the ass: we take unwilling notice, are bothered and move on. I truly don’t give a damn! And please stop boring me to death, and give an end to your crying in my direction for some kind of eighties Power-Metal that you never really understood right, that you only flatted out for your understanding, and that you think you have finally learned to eat! I only get sleepy feet! And for music’s sake: stop spreading your destructive stupidity in magazines! If you are unable to contribute something productive for the healthy progress of the music scene, then at least stop being a problem for everything you don’t understand! If there would only have been your kind of heads around, not one of the cool and interesting Metal records of the eighties would ever have seen the light of day. You would have killed it at its start! Only by fighting against exactly your kind of attitudes and dead ideas about music ‘’we’’ did give a certain kind of European Power-Metal some kind of start-shot in the eighties. I was part of it! I was there! And today you get on my nerves by trying to teach me how to make music! What on earth makes you think you know that better than me? The more you try to tie me down, the more you want to dictate me what is allowed, and what I have to do to please you, the more I am going to do the opposite. That’s a matter of that type of morals, and that type of freedom that your kind unfortunately will never understand! You will probably one day drive me into Country Music, because you don’t even get the simple necessary bases of creativity! Non real ideal lives in you! Real ideals don’t stand a chance in your type of Heavy Metal-Philistine-State! Your interpretation of Metal or Rock is the full opposite to true and free music! If that’s Metal, I am the worst enemy of Heavy Metal, and for God’s sake: let’s all quickly get out of there, if we want to stay alive, and if we want music that has a soul!

To all off my friends, to us I certainly don’t only declare the people that like my music. I can live with rejection. I have absolutely no problem with constructive criticism that has some mind and heart for the music. It’s the way you guys write and bark which reveals where you are coming from! Nobody has to like my CDs! I don’t even want to be liked by everybody! I isolate myself clearly and consciously from a lot of things! My curse is send out to that form of modern idiotism which simply can’t understand the fact that their kind of short breathed musical taste and horizon is not the only valid and justified yardstick for music in this world. My curse is send out to all of those moral wimps who want to poison and destroy everything that means the world to me (and people like me), and which is the whole reason why I make music. Those freedom and art destroying Hypocrites are the true enemies of all those forces that made an Elvis Presley, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Who, a Richard Wagner or a Beethoven… possible (without the smallest try to compare myself with these heroes in music! I am just talking in general here.) It has always been this kind of small-minded Philistines that tried to stop anything different compared to them, everything dissimilar, anything that’s not understood. And it doesn’t really matter if they are Tie-Philistine-Hypocrites or Metal-Philistine-Hypocrites, it’s the nature, it’s the essence that matters, not the costumes. We will always find the same kind of deadly starved minds, if we’re not blinded by their show. What ever you may bark, what ever you may slander, the moral right is on my side! I sleep well at night, cause I have a clear conscience. Get it or not: I have made a cool and honest record! So my moral duty is done. I have expressed myself through my music the way I always do. Wow! What a crime! But why don’t I feel any guilt? Your complains only reveal your own limitations and moral immaturities, and don’t really reach me. Because I never wanted to deliver what you’ve requested! I never wanted to serve antisocial Idiots! You always again and again prove me totally right with what I do and what I say! If it would only be for your wimpy kind, I wouldn’t waste a second releasing CDs. But luckily there are others with stronger and much more positive spirits and some real moral life and ideals who see through your hollowness. For those I release CDs! Not for you! I never did! I never will! So shut your mouth! And please don’t get the wrong impression now that I might fear you or take you very serious! Again you would take yourself far to important! You are only part of the problem! An embarrassing factor that creates a deep desire for truth! A sickness-symptom of our times on my way to real healthiness! Something I have to get completely and forever out of my system! Something I have to leave behind to finally get free! I only want to tear down your masks to make your Hypocrisy and your wrong kind visible! It’s War! It’s about life! It’s about freedom! It’s about truth! It’s about art! –

In the end I must admit that I find some excitement in the fact that this SupaRed record obviously does polarize. Some love it, and some love to hate it. So who’s right? - I think I will give this whole thing a few more years because I really want to find out if this battle can be won, or if the people are right who told me over the years that the fact that I have started my career in the Metal scene also means that I have been digging my own grave as a free musician. Time will tell! -
To all friends of true Music out there: we either will soon see a real revolution in the fundamental attitude towards music, or we’ll see nothing at all! Everyone who feels somehow the same way as I do should get together now to start a new movement of re-learning the right principles of true art and culture. We will have to do that fully against all anti-culture, and anti-art-attitude that rapes and destroys the music world of today (especially in Metal). May the flies take care of all shit, we have better things to do!

Michael Kiske

BTW, there's another new song at Supared.de, it's called \"Hackneyed\"

[a href=\'http://supared.homelinux.com/mp3/Hackneyed.m3u?play=1\' target=\'_blank\']http://supared.homelinux.com/mp3/Hackneyed.m3u?play=1[/a]

Back