A Legend has left us

A

Anonymous

Rest In peace Georgie Best. A true genius on the field, a troubled soul off it. You have wrestled with your demons for thirty years but now you are at peace. We shall never forget your sublime skill. Many may say you brought your illness on yourself but we all choose the path we lead and reap whatever we sow. You have lived your life, you have touched so many, we will never forget you.

MUFC forever.

Goodnight George. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And the old man from the Karate Kid too...forgot his name...sad...

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Nov 26 2005, 03:21 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Nov 26 2005, 03:21 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And the old man from the Karate Kid too...forgot his name...sad...
[snapback]124033[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Pat Morita, he played Mr. Miyagi in the Karate Kid.

Its strange seeing everyone saying how great he was because during my lifetime all I've seen of him is his allegation of drunk driving and sexual abuse. Not saying he wasnt great but I doubt I'm the only one whos only seen the darker side of George Best

RW, when somebody whom you liked dies, you tend to see him in a positive light. It is just disrespectful to point out the "darker" sides.

Sorry, Perun, but I have to disagree here.

When someone dies, you have to remember all sides, mostly if the dark ones are quite bad. RW was right to point out that George Best wasn't quite the legend many think he is.

When I'll kick the bucket, people may remember the IMC, but they'll also remember my terrible flames and sometimes pretty bad behaviour on this forum! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

No we wont, because one of the first manifestations of human culture is the cult of the dead. The dead should be sacred and thus we will forget your terrible flames after you turn round the corner...

The man was a legend and he did alot for the game of football. Everyone has their demons and his was the drink. Alcoholisim is a disease and a pretty hard one cure at that so I don't think it's fair to judge him on that because it could happen to anyone.

He said that he wanted to be remembered for his football playin and that's what we should do because he was a fantastic fooballer. To those of us from Northern Ireland he will always be a legend not matter what anyone says about him!!

RIP George Best.

Yes, George Best has died but did anybody know that British World Rally Champinship driver Richard Burns has also passed away? It was only on the news for 10 seconds while Best had basically 10 minutes of TV about his life. It came quite a shock to me that he died as I'm quite a fan of his driving.

Edit: Spelling

Yes I had heard that the British rally driver had died and it is sad when anyone passes away. However the media interest sparked at George Best's death could be clearly warranted by the scenes at his funeral on Saturday. The number of people who lined the streets of Belfast to watch the funeral procession make it's slow way to Stormont was evidence enough of how popular and loved the man was. As one flag said "Maradona - Good, Pele - Better, George - Best".

Yes the man had his demons. He was cursed and fought with alcoholism for most of his adult life. Yet the memories of him weaving through defences, executing sublime skill on muddy, bumpy football fields will live with me forever.

The first true superstar of football. Georgie Best.

Back