A cure for Road Rage

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
There is no denying that Heavy Metal is an aggresive form of music, whether it's thrash or symphonic Metal. I love blasting this thing in my car which either consciously or unconciously makes me speed up my car, cut people off and make me oddly competitive while driving down the freeway. Three days ago I bought a cd that frankly makes me do the opposite of all that... ABBA Gold.

That's right, nothing like 70's happy love music to soothe your nerves, put a smile on your face and when someone gives you the finger on the road you simply smile and wave back. I've been blasting (yes blasting, I love sharing the joy [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) ABBA for the past three days in my car and I'm finding myself driving at the speed limit, cruising idlely not really caring if I get there (whereever "there" is) on time or not. The sun seems brighter (and in Arizona that is quite a feat), the clouds are whiter, people are inherintly good, and there is a vibe of optimism in the air..... I'll stop there before my sexuality comes into question (not that there is anything wrong with that) and I suggest you folks give it a try!

That's funny. Even when I don't put any music on in the car, I'm still usually about 15 mph above the speed limit and fairly aggressive. Are you sure only music is to blame for a driver's behaviour? [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Music is not the only factor. Being Born and raised in Mexico City is the most important factor in my case. There you HAVE TO be an aggresive driver or you die, everybody is on their toes and watchful, it is VERY stressful. Every six months that I go I don't drive the first couple of days because I'm scared shitless. Then after driving two weeks I want to come back to small town Tucson [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--].
But I do believe music can either compound the problem or aliviate it. Because just like you, when I'm not playing anything I'm still aggresive, less aggresive than when I'm blasting Iced Earth, but aggresive nonetheless. I just have to say: Thank you Sweden and not just for Opeth and In Flames.... thank you for ABBA!

Thanks Japan for Toyota cars.
Thanks Finland for Children of Bodom when I drive.

Thanks Switzerland for good insurances! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Listening to metal doesn't influence my driving as I'm always under the speed limit but it surely helps me to do the housework faster. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I drive MC so it is kinda hard to listen to music [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] but I will try to sing calm songs in my mind, to see if it is working [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

With metal or punk in my ears I can make the 2 km walk between home and office in about 15 minutes. Pretty good for my age [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] But I usually walk slower so I can enjoy the music longer.

ehhehe....look at my post from a few weeks ago in Maiden Chat for what happens when I listen to Maiden while I drive

Back