30 Years Gone

JackKnife

A Vivid example of masculine pulchritude
Well, Led Zeppelin's Presence album turns 30 at the end of March (american release).
zeppresence.jpg

I love this one: it's got the power and charisma although it did not sale as well as Physical Graffiti (1975). It's a very direct and powerful LP.
I also appreciate the cover artwork and it's mysterious taste.
For those who have this album, do you think that the maths problem on the blackboard shown on the back cover is correct*?
LedZep-Presence.jpg

Led Zeppelin is amongst my favorite bands. In its days, it had a solid influence upon many young bands exactly as Iron Maiden is having now.

30 years... ::

I've got to say that I think this is Zeppelin's weakest album, but if I add that I still think it's brilliant, you have some idea of how much I like Led Zeppelin. Achilles Last Stand is a fantastic song, and I'd give special mention also to For Your Life and Nobody's Fault But Mine.

As for the album cover, I really dislike it! Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

And the maths problem, well I think it's unsolvable, although the number at the bottom (mostly obscured) does appear to equal the three numbers above it.

Well, I must confess that Presence is my least favourite Zep album, even though it has some really great tracks on it ("Achilles Last Stand", "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and "Tea For One"). I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it is just very uninspired and tries to recreate what the band has successfully done in the past. It's still a good listen (well, it's Led Zep, isn't it?), though. And The Object is simply cool. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=133306:date=Mar 29 2006, 02:12 PM:name=JackKnife)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JackKnife @ Mar 29 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]133306[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
*A good question for Perun who appears to love maths... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]
[/quote]

You, sir, must be joking...

I think that In Through The Out Door is Zeppelin's worst album, Presence is the 2nd worst. Also a bit of information, this is Dave Mustaine's favorite album, along with AC/DC's Let There Be Rock.

[!--quoteo(post=133451:date=Mar 30 2006, 08:20 PM:name=slave to the power of death)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slave to the power of death @ Mar 30 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]133451[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I think that In Through The Out Door is Zeppelin's worst album
[/quote]
I do agree with you!
[!--quoteo(post=133451:date=Mar 30 2006, 08:20 PM:name=slave to the power of death)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slave to the power of death @ Mar 30 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]133451[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Also a bit of information, this is Dave Mustaine's favorite album, along with AC/DC's Let There Be Rock.
[/quote]
Robert Plant and Jimmy page are also considering "Presence" as their favorite LZ album. It has been recorded during a difficult period for both of them...

Back