2 NEW RUSH songs coming June 1st!

Both are all around torrents on the net already! Great songs! Caravan is insane and BU2B is dark and heavy.

No bands but Rush can dream of writing such complex and accessible musics at the same time. Unique band, unique stuff!!! VIVA RUSH!!! \m/

Once again with the release of new Rush material I read a lot of comments across the internet about how the new material is rubbish. Now, from my experience with Maiden I know that for example, some don't like Blaze or Paul eras even though those are good quality albums. Is this the same with Rush?
Comments like "at least it isn't as bad as Test for Echo" etc seem to always crop up. Personally I enjoy Rush through all years and albums, there are very few I dislike though I will admit the earlier stuff like Caress of Steel I don't really listen to a lot.
I loved Snakes and Arrows and Vapor Trails, I can listen to those albums for hours but it seems popular opinion for Rush fans is that these albums are far off the mark?

I remember when Snakes and Arrows was released many people were complaining about the lack of guitar solos. Am I alone in thinking Rush is the band I least associate with guitar solos? I actually far prefer Alex Lifeson's guitar work post 80s as a whole.

Rush is one of my top ten, but I am not really one to judge, Ardius. I only know A Farewell to Kings, 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals.

For example though Signals is a very different album than Farewell. People had some very negative opinions with Signals because it introduced synthesizers in quite a significant magnitude comparing to older material. Same that happened with SIT and SSOASS. People just don't know how to accept change and that appears in all aspects of life, not just music.

IMO, after the first few albums, I think they were all different. Signals was def a big change, though. However, I enjoy all Rush.

Back