Is it worth joining the fanclub?

Let me know how that goes, because I was born in ‘80 and love reading those old “from the time” anecdotes about the earlier albums and shows.
I will let you know if there's anything to report on this matter from this fellow Maidenfan (not sure if he's on this forum) and if it's ok to share the scans.
Anyways, I would have hoped that now with going "full digital" it would have been about time FC would themselves do this scanning..

I will let you know if there's anything to report on this matter from this fellow Maidenfan (not sure if he's on this forum) and if it's ok to share the scans.
Anyways, I would have hoped that now with going "full digital" it would have been about time FC would themselves do this scanning..
I’d hope so too. I refuse to believe that if they wanted to upload scans of all the old magazines for FC and/or fan club purposes that they can’t for resource reasons. Maiden and management absolutely have the resources necessary to accommodate this.

I joined in the late 90's. Amongst other things you got a card signed by all members of the band, except Bruce or Adrian of course. It was still great to have. I see they don't include or offer that any more. Shame. I guess it's due to the sheer number of members these days and fair play to the boys, they don't seem to want to go the facsimile route.

Looking at the past few comments, I see this move could really backfire on them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but there used to be IMFC and IMOC, right? IMFC was something like 40 EUR and you get all the goodies and IMOC was like 20 EUR and you get ticket presales and access to the official forum, right? I can't remember were IMOC members eligible for HCW and FTTB, but if they were, I consider that a good approach.

Actually, I'm thinking of joining now, since there is no merchandise that will be sent my way (a couple of weeks ago I had to pay 8 EUR extra VAT for a shirt that costed around 9 EUR. Brexit, eh?)

Does anybody here who is on the official forum knows when FTTB will be drawn? There used to be threads there where members would tell to which gigs on tour they are going. Now, if there is low interest for first gig (Zagreb, Croatia) I'm definitely joining fan club. Paying extra 25 euros for a first row on a first gig seems looks like a bargain.

Or it looks like a MasterCard commercial, you know those: "Concert ticket - 72 EUR; First to the Barrier - 25 EUR ; Legacy of the Beast '22 tour shirt - 25 EUR ; Being hit by Bruce's sweat during Senjutsu - Priceless"

Looking at the past few comments, I see this move could really backfire on them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but there used to be IMFC and IMOC, right? IMFC was something like 40 EUR and you get all the goodies and IMOC was like 20 EUR and you get ticket presales and access to the official forum, right? I can't remember were IMOC members eligible for HCW and FTTB, but if they were, I consider that a good approach.

Yes that's right.

IMOC was basically a way to put an end to trolling on the official forum, basically a lot of those posters/and a lot of non-trolls, went off and set up Maiden Fans United (does that still exist?)

I paid the first year for IMOC, it was 10 euro, and then I basically wasn't asked to pay again for about 5 or 6 years, and when I was asked I couldn't be bothered. You did get FTTB, not certain about HCW but I think you did as well.

I'm back in the FC now, as I wanted to get that Belshazzar tshirt and the Senjutsu box as well if it was to my liking (it wasn't), but I cant answer your question re: FTTB since I haven't bothered with that since 2006. I'm at the age now where I'd rather a few pints pre-gig and a bit of personal space.

I'm back in the FC now, as I wanted to get that Belshazzar tshirt and the Senjutsu box as well if it was to my liking (it wasn't), but I cant answer your question re: FTTB since I haven't bothered with that since 2006. I'm at the age now where I'd rather a few pints pre-gig and a bit of personal space.

Same here. :lol:

I remember the one time I took advantage of the "first to the barrier" tickets on the fanclub. I've 5'7"-5'8" on a good day and had to stand the whole time in an orchestra pit craning my neck to see the band and, apparently, there's an unwritten rule that all headbangers are 6'7", and wide as a truck. I was uncomfortable and couldn't see shit. So that was the last time I ever got tickets to be that close. Now I just stick to the front/middle-ish rows to get the best vantage point and so I can sit down when needed.

Never been to a Maiden gig, can't stand for 3 hours. Was thinking how good must be for fans to get a FTTB win. Then I thought that you're crushed against the barrier for a few hours. Now, if you've had a few pints before hand, what do you do when nature calls? Down your leg? In a bottle? Serious question. And with all the people around you squashed in, do you end up standing in a sea of pi@@? Really, just asking.

I have been to festivals where people were ninja weeing on the floor rather than trek to the toilets. Mildly better than going in a bottle and lobbing it

On a whim I rejoined the FC. Still not 100% sure why, but the price isn't too bad, and I like the mini Letters from the Rue Morgue newsletter. There's almost as much reading material in that as there is in the paper newsletters.

On a whim I rejoined the FC. Still not 100% sure why, but the price isn't too bad, and I like the mini Letters from the Rue Morgue newsletter. There's almost as much reading material in that as there is in the paper newsletters.
I decided to renew my membership in the end. I did get a cheap NOTB FC t-shirt for my trouble so it wasn't all bad.

Fan club is an utter waste of time if you ask me.

The cost might appear cheaper now but no physical mags and no t-shirt unless you pay for both is a big cost increase.

Your basically paying for forum access and the forum is filled with “look what t-shirt I’m wearing today” or “look what I got in the post today” type threads.

The official merch is also a joke with next to no exclusives and ridiculous postage costs.

Also, whilst I didn’t purchase it, the whole debacle with the exclusive FC Senjutsu box set was a complete joke and after months of little to no info the final resolution to the damaged boxes was a slap in the face. That plus the problems I had with my NOTD pre order and I’ll never buy an exclusive ever from the FC.

My membership runs out in October and it’s not being renewed. Don’t need the ticket pre sale either as I’ve never had an issue getting tickets in all the years I wasn’t a member and I’ve been to tons of shows.

Magazine 119 will be the last printed one. After that, they will be digital but with the option of purchasing a printed magazine (at an additional cost).
Yeah, I know, I was joking. Less than two months left of my membership. Not sure I will renew.

Back