Published tour statistics – Iron Maiden aren’t the most accurate band in the world?:)

Yeah I mean there's no chance in hell that back catalogue isn't a majority of those 60 million units sold after 1996. However I would be hesitant to declare that 1990s unpopularity something of a rule - there's still a lot of the world outside UK and US that didn't experience the whole metal unpopularity thing. Mainland europe and south America might not be as big as markets but it certainly wasn't haram to discover Maiden of the 80s and start buying the albums. The only eye rolls I got about it were from some dudes who were into baggy pants and Limp Bizkit anyways - and they were the minority.

I for one, simply cannot imagine a sole TNOTB buyer. Imagine spotting an 80s Maiden record in between Roy Orbison, Vivaldi and Christmas Carols on somebody's shelf. For me it seems like TNOTB eventually became the Black album, now I know why I don't like it as much as the others ;)

I for one, simply cannot imagine a sole TNOTB buyer. Imagine spotting an 80s Maiden record in between Roy Orbison, Vivaldi and Christmas Carols on somebody's shelf. For me it seems like TNOTB eventually became the Black album, now I know why I don't like it as much as the others ;)

Yeah, I think Maiden are the type of band who you either dislike totally or become a die hard fan. I reckon if there is someone who only owns TNOTB from Maiden it's more likely to be a metal fan who otherwise does not listen to mainstream metal.

Also in Split 2008 the official attendance is bit short of 30.000. The pitch was full and the only fully opened stand was packed. And people were around on semi-opened stands too (the ones that don't have a good view of the stage). Just the pitch alone and the East stand would be 33.000 people and I know the security allowed random visitors to enter the venue in the latter half of the concert. People who were drawn to stadium area because of the "big event", some of my non-metal friends included, were eventually allowed in.
Yes, it was all fun and games when security did opposite of what they supposed to do (helping people jump in the Headbanger's Pit in front of the stage) until Churchill's speech when people erupted and stampede occurred (Bruce's tardiness didn't help either). Luckily no one got seriously hurt. My friend went to doctor the next day due to his leg injury, the doctor even wrote in his report that "contusion occurred when couple of people fell on leg during rock concert". He said ha has that doctors report framed along with the concert ticket. Cool memory.

Keep in mind Rod has released some compilations nobody cares about, but they still sell. Since 1996 there have been 21 releases in discography, singles and videos not included. There was no compilation album between 1975-1996, now there are a dozen, there was only 1 live release between 1975 and 1992, 4 when they hit 1996, again that went three fold.
Yep, I believe those best of's and lives made them more money than actual albums, considering the ratio is 3:1 comparing to new material.

Well it does intuitively check-out. It's about 1500 people per show on average.

The number that's in circulation today is 100 mln albums, very good for a band that a lot of critics declared essentially dead at the moment of 40mln sales. They've doubled it up, and then some.

Keep in mind Rod has released some compilations nobody cares about, but they still sell. Since 1996 there have been 21 releases in discography, singles and videos not included. There was no compilation album between 1975-1996, now there are a dozen, there was only 1 live release between 1975 and 1992, 4 when they hit 1996, again that went three fold.

the band have claimed 80 million, I have verified about 55 million of them with official records. I have a big thread on their sales, claims, ect

Really? Yea I know but that level of seriousness was not what I experienced. I've been camping in the pit since opening of the flood gates at some point in the afternoon. I had a good position maybe 5-6 meters away from the barrier in the pit. Bruce was late, security allowed people to get into the pit from the rear, but only because us pit campers crammed upfront so much I guess a lot of buffer was left in rear. Anyways when the show kicked off I experienced no stampede and only a *normal push from behind.

*basically what I've experienced at stage-front in any club show (below 1k) when some popular local band had a great gig

the band have claimed 80 million, I have verified about 55 million of them with official records. I have a big thread on their sales, claims, ect

I cannot believe TBOS sold half a million. That would mean a nonexistent market like Croatia has a few percent share in there because they've sold at least 7000 copies of TBOS here. I would expect TBOS selling million in Europe without UK.

We must know the results of sales in the case of many markets and the distribution cannals are not included in official data references from majors. Look at the bands as Deep Purple, Scorpions, Black Sabbath (of course) Iron Maiden with different distributors of music efforts - that's so same. They stated 80/100/100+ mln sales but if you be able verify that numbers it seems be much lower than we know. Managements could verify the statistics more precise 'cos they are informed from all over the world sources of distribution which aren't available for 'outer witness'.

I cannot believe TBOS sold half a million. That would mean a nonexistent market like Croatia has a few percent share in there because they've sold at least 7000 copies of TBOS here. I would expect TBOS selling million in Europe without UK.

many download singles instead of full albums.... this is where Maiden stands in Europe based on the last records published for their sales for a full album

Croatia - 7,500 +
Denmark - 10,000 +
France - 50,000 +
Finland - 13,000 +
Sweden - 20,000 +
Norway - 12,000 +
Germany - 100,000 +
Poland - 12,000 +
Hungary - 6,000 +
Italy - 25,000+

UK - 100,000 +

another factor you are missing, many of the commercial fans don't buy their new music... most who are buying their full albums today are hardcore fans... You can't compare concert attendance to sales as an example like you could back in the 80s

No, last figures from Media Control charts trespass 800K. This was in 2016, must agree Media Control charts embrencing sales results from choosen canals and distributors. Up till now sales of TBOS are well over 1 mln for sure. Album is Gold and Platinum multiple times in 20 countries.

this is where Maiden stands in Europe based on the last records published for their sales for a full album

I can't pierce through the ambiguity here. What exactly are those numbers, TBOS sales in Europe from release to present or?

I can't pierce through the ambiguity here. What exactly are those numbers, TBOS sales in Europe from release to present or?

through march of 2016. Obviously throughout the tour, it probably sold much more and Bruce did claim on the tour it went platinum in the USA which is 1 million sales here alone.....

"Platinum" all over the world for sure... Bruce's joked, it went on April Fools' Day 2016. It's nerbly Platinum in Canada in fact. Today in the States it's achieved around 180k. Not Bad, better than few previous one. Metallica adding albums to the tix or so, I'm wonder if the management of IM in association with Record Company Parlaphone could do this way to accelerate figures of "sales" from 1 mln to the net few. I'd be surprising indeed.

Back