Album covers: alternate versions, different Eddies?

I very much appreciate the visual consistency and overall style of the The Book of Souls and Senjutsu albums and their representative media, so I kind of wish The Final Frontier also went with that. The album cover isn't the best, but I don't hate it either. The comic-book style "single covers" are absolutely brilliant and I really like the booklet imagery; that Starblind/The Talisman page spread is beautiful!

However, all of the mentioned visual elements are totally different from each other and I think it would have been pretty cool if it all was a bit more stylistically overarching.

The other side of the coin is, admittedly, that the versatility & variation kind of appropriately underlined the sci-fi adventure vibe of the The Final Frontier era!

Anyway, it's not like I'd specifically fancy a brand new, alternative visual package for that album, but I think it'd be speculatively very interesting if they went all-out with the retro sci-fi comic book imagery at the time! It would certainly stand out quite colourfully between the grim A Matter of Life and Death & The Book of Souls.

(...kind of related to the topic, right?)

Continuing my unorthodox opinions, I prefer the 98 versions of Iron Maiden and No Prayer For The Dying. The X Factor cover with Eddie on the electric chair (that's the back of the cd isn't it? Or was it the cover for Lord Of The Flies?) is much better than the official TXF cover we got. DOD is obviously better without all the unfinished CGI, though it's hilarious so it's almost a shame to miss it. The TBOS artwork is nice, but I prefer the Eddie on the cover, though it's sorely lacking a background. The SNJ alternate cover is super ugly to me and I never enjoyed it.

As for the live albums the LAD cover we got is one of the most iconic pieces and I adore it. The original is neat, but also a bit goofy in comparison. Maiden England isn't the best looking, but I prefer it to the motor cycle Eddie at least. Donington is awesome, ARLDO's unused cover doesn't do anything for me and the Flight 666 Riggs one is pretty ugly as well.

Go fuck yourself scammer, ban this user
It's kinda hilarious that we keep getting these scam accounts every few months. It's not like this forum has the highest traffic comparatively, so I'm not sure why they keep trying. Can't really be worth the effort, can it? lol

LIVE ALBUMS:

Live After Death (1985) - the original cover.

View attachment 20619

Maiden England (1989) - the cover for the 2013 DVD of the concert.

View attachment 20623

Live At Donington (1992) - 1998 remastered edition cover.

View attachment 20622

A Real Live Dead One (1993) - unused cover made by Derek Riggs.

View attachment 20620

Flight 666 (2009) - I'm not 100% sure if it's official, but this artwork is made by Derek Riggs.

View attachment 20621
That live after death pic looks like an advert for LAD, but how could it exist?
Derek has said that painting couldn't be photographed because it's so shiny or something.

IMG-6069.jpg
Uncropped NPFTD, poster issued at the time.

Back