Top 25 Songs that AREN'T Iron Maiden

I was searching the forum for something else but just stumbled here... ;)

@DJ James bro why did you stop, you should have totally continued it. I dig your taste and find interesting to read your write-up. Are these songs still your favourites?

I’ll have to reread the beginning of this thread, but if it wasn’t evident, I was very young when I made this thread ahaha

I can come close to making a new list sometime soon, thanks for the kind words @Siddharth

I’ll have to reread the beginning of this thread, but if it wasn’t evident, I was very young when I made this thread ahaha

I can come close to making a new list sometime soon, thanks for the kind words @Siddharth
Yeah, get to the Moving Pictures part you mentioned earlier. I was a 10 year old kid when my older brother gave me the cassette for my birthday in 1981.

On first listen Limelight was my favorite song, but after a few months it was Red Barchetta which I still consider one of my favorite songs by my favorite band.

But back then I never listened much to side 2 of the cassette which in retrospect is a shame. Camera Eye is brilliant and beautiful.

Yeah, get to the Moving Pictures part you mentioned earlier. I was a 10 year old kid when my older brother gave me the cassette for my birthday in 1981.

On first listen Limelight was my favorite song, but after a few months it was Red Barchetta which I still consider one of my favorite songs by my favorite band.

But back then I never listened much to side 2 of the cassette which in retrospect is a shame. Camera Eye is brilliant and beautiful.
Very brilliant album indeed. I’ll have to go back and relisten to Camera Eye. Vital Signs is still one I listen to a lot even though I don’t listen to as much prog (and Rush) as I use to. Were you big into Rush in the 80’s after you got that cassette? Did you see them live during the 80’s?

Very brilliant album indeed. I’ll have to go back and relisten to Camera Eye. Vital Signs is still one I listen to a lot even though I don’t listen to as much prog (and Rush) as I use to. Were you big into Rush in the 80’s after you got that cassette? Did you see them live during the 80’s?
Rush is my favorite band and has been since I got that cassette in 1981. As a 10 year old kid.
Yes (the band) is my 2nd favorite band and my 3rd favorite band has changed over the years (Ramones, U2, Metallica, Jane's Addiction) but since the COVID lockdowns started in 2020 I got back into Iron Maiden and have listened to them more than any other band. I've explored the entire catalog that I missed after getting away from them in the 90s.
I first saw Rush on the Hold Your Fire tour.
EDIT: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1987/brendan-byrne-arena-east-rutherford-nj-7bd39668.html
(Actually in retrospect that set list isn't very good)
I finally got to see them perform my favorite song Xanadu during the Presto tour in 1990. I can't remember the exact count but I saw them close to a dozen times including 4 times on the Test for Echo tour.
Unfortunately I really didn't like any of their post 2000 material (Ceiling Unlimited is very catchy, but otherwise no).

Last edited:
Somewhere in Time is now and has always been my favorite IM album. But after going through a DiAnno phase my favorite material lately is reunion albums. But not the more popular ones among IM fans.

These days I am enjoying Final Frontier (2nd half), Dance of Death (all of it), and Senjutsu (disc 2).

EDIT: Forgot to add Piece of Mind. Love that album especially Boots and Still Life.

Back