• Chains of Misery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Apparition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eli

Educated Fool
Part 8 was the toughest competition so far, with every song in NPFTD receiving votes and the distribution of votes were somewhat balanced compared to previous abums. The winning title track received only %22 of the votes (...and just to compare; Powerslave lost with %35.1 in part 5 !).

This time we have "Fear of the Dark", arguably a better album, including a very special title track for me (the first IM song I listened). The last album with Bruce until his return with BNW...

Already in round 2: Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Caught Somewhere in Time, Infinite Dreams, No Prayer for the Dying

Fear of the Dark….a song that has deservedly become a classic and a live staple. Afraid to Shoot Strangers or Childhood’s End are almost equally great for me. Unfortunately I got only 1 vote.

For me this is between "Be Quick Or Be Dead" and "Judas Be My Guide". Both are great songs, with the weakest link being Bruce's uncharacteristically growly vocals. I think "Judas Be My Guide" shows a little more finesse, and is a criminally underrated song, so I'll give it my vote.

Without hesitation: Judas Be My Guide. Maiden's most underrated song, it's absolute criminal that it was never released as a single or even played live.

I voted Be Quick Or Be Dead. It was really between that, the title track, Judas Be My Guide, and Childhood's End. Lots of good songs here, but I find that which ones I listen to from this album to be more dependent of my mood than other releases.

I voted for "Afraid To Shoot Strangers". Both versions with Blaze and Bruce are great. This song has already this dark vibe that we can find on the excellent yet very underrated 'The X Factor'.

• Love
Reactions: Eli
Voted Childhood's End for a change. Other great songs are:
Be Quick or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Judas Be My Guide
Fear Of the Dark

• Love
Guys, just think for a minute... Childhood's End is TOTALLY Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album song. T.o.t.a.l.l.y.

• Sad
Reactions: Jer
Fear of the Dark, with Judas so close I was on the brink of voting for it and supporting an underdog but I figured out that would be unfair and manipulating the vote.
Fear, unfortunately, has become an overplayed song, and a casual fan's dead giveaway. But it is a good song nevertheless, last real Maiden song* for many years to come.
*Flows effortlessly, goes from somewhere to somewhere, doesn't drag.

Part 8 was the toughest competition so far, with every song in NPFTD receiving votes and the distribution of votes were somewhat balanced compared to previous abums. The winning title track received only %22 of the votes (...and just to compare; Powerslave lost with %35.1 in part 5 !).
Powerslave should have never lost to Rime. Rime is the worst song on that magnificent album. Long, repetitive and boring.

This time we have "Fear of the Dark", arguably a better album, including a very special title track for me (the first IM song I listened). The last album with Bruce until his return with BNW...
This is the worst album that Bruce has sung on for IM. Very few good songs, lots of terrible ones

Fear of the Dark was the absolute standout song.
Afraid to shoot strangers is pretty good.
Be quick or be dead is OK

The rest are entirely forgettable.

Powerslave should have never lost to Rime. Rime is the worst song on that magnificent album. Long, repetitive and boring.

This is the worst album that Bruce has sung on for IM. Very few good songs, lots of terrible ones

Fear of the Dark was the absolute standout song.
Afraid to shoot strangers is pretty good.
Be quick or be dead is OK

The rest are entirely forgettable.
Even though I voted for Powerslave too, I think Rime is equally great. Also Childhood's End is no way a forgettable song for me. However, I'm sure it would be a boring forum if we all thought/liked/preferred the same. You shared your opinion and I respect... Thanks for your contribution amigo!

Even though I voted for Powerslave too, I think Rime is equally great. Also Childhood's End is no way a forgettable song for me. However, I'm sure it would be a boring forum if we all thought/liked/preferred the same. You shared your opinion and I respect... Thanks for your contribution amigo!
Yes, absolutely. We are all entitled to like and to dislike different songs.

C'mon, nobody voted for From Here to Eternity? I was even embarrassed when that was the one Maiden video to be on Beavis & Butthead back in the day & represent them in America in the 90's...Kinda like Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter being the only "#1 hit" in America...not their finest... Fear of the Dark was part of making me fall in love with Maiden, back on the Ed Hunter album, and Afraid to Shoot Strangers is a close second for this album. Both songs made me love all of Maiden, despite vocalist changes, guitarist changes, songwriting changes & respect all phases Maiden, which has now come into to its perfect form as far as I'm concerned!

• Love
Back