Help finding archived BBs from Blaze era

Reactions: Jer
Thank you. I really appreciate the help from you and everyone else on here. I was half expecting to be bombarded with "Why do you even like Blaze Bayley? You freak." type replies. It's nice to know that people aren't being like that.

Not on this board. TXF is my favourite album. I'm one of the more extreme Blaze fans, but we have very few real haters.

Not on this board. TXF is my favourite album. I'm one of the more extreme Blaze fans, but we have
I purchased a couple of nice Virtual XI related items recently. A huge 3ft x 5ft Virtual XI flag from Germany and a magazine from 1998 called Hard Roxx that has Maiden and the Virtual XI album cover on the front. I'll be posting a video about them on my youtube channel in the next few days. Just waiting for a couple of other Maiden goodies to arrive so that I can show it all together. Here is my Youtube channel if anyone is interested.

I just show my purchases on there because none of my friends and family like heavy rock music and don't care at all.

Excellent. Thank you. I'm jealous of that guy though. I wish I had been able to attend a Maiden show in 98.

That particular show was so close to my then apartment I could hear the sound. The venue was an open amphitheater on the top of a hill, as a matter of fact a very beautiful experience even to be there. I had declined to go. I was pissed with VXI and had lost any interest in Maiden. From about that time on I completely stopped listening to them or any metal for a good 2 years. Then Brave New World switched me on again and I’ve been switched ever since.
Anyway, as you said, I now regret not to be there.

"If this is true, they need to bring back Adrian Smith as well because Janick ruins the distinctive Iron Maiden sound." LOL...
Mate I've just been reading some more of those posts from December 1998. Some of the anti Blaze comments are absolutely brutal. I'm tempted to copy and paste them here but I wouldn't want Blaze to ever see them. Maybe he reads these forums, I don't know.

Mate I've just been reading some more of those posts from December 1998. Some of the anti Blaze comments are absolutely brutal.
Oh, I know. I lived through that period (I saw some old posts from myself and @Forostar on that Usenet group just browsing a little), and I don’t disagree with a lot of those negative comments. It was pretty hard to be a Maiden fan through the late 90s if you weren’t into Blaze’s uncontrolled sound and Steve’s navel-gazing songwriting, and it was even harder comparing it in real time to Bruce’s solo albums from the same timeframe. But some people really liked that era, I guess.

This is quite interesting to read.

Maiden fans in December 1998 already discussing Blaze being on borrowed time and Bruce returning.

Ironically enough although the OP in this case was spot-on, it's pretty doubtful any actual knowledge shaped that post, rather complete guesswork based on vague "rumors" that quite possibly were entirely fictive.

Blaze having well publicized issues, the band's sales cratering both for the records and on tour, Bruce's solo career not really making any waves either, it was a great time to guess that Bruce would be returning and maybe even print it in magazines as gospel. Worst case scenario, you're wrong, but Maiden is so irrelevant that nobody will really care in a few weeks' time. Best case? Scoop of the year. Iron Maiden's big reunion. Let's all pretend they're relevant again while snidely wondering how long it'll last after they release their mandatory reheated 80s leftovers record.

Not that it would've been impossible for actual information to leak about the meetings that took place around then since the decision would've already long since been made by 27 December '98, but it was such an easy call to make at that point that it's unlikely it was informed by anything more solid than a vague hunch.

Back