Hell On Earth

How good is Hell on Earth on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Steve's been reading the criticism of his choruses over the years. So no choruses for you on Senjutsu.
Apart from the last two tracks every single song has a repeating section that works as a chorus. Even Death Of The Celts recovers it in uptempo... and even on Hell On Earth what can be called a chorus is played twice (with the first time around being instrumental).

yeah... I'll give you that one (that's why I mentioned the last two tracks as the only ones devoid of a refrain). But the vast majority of songs on Senjutsu have well defined choruses.
They don't repeat very often though, and most are quite long.

They don't repeat very often though, and most are quite long.
Nor do they need to be repeated often to be choruses. I concur that Hell On Earth is not a chorus per se since as @LooseCannon stated its sang version is only played once (although it SURELY deserved to be recovered at least one more time since IMO it's the high point of the entire record). Other than that you have several examples of Maiden songs with refrains that only are played twice.

Nor do they need to be repeated often to be choruses. I concur that Hell On Earth is not a chorus per se since as @LooseCannon stated its sang version is only played once (although it SURELY deserved to be recovered at least one more time since IMO it's the high point of the entire record). Other than that you have several examples of Maiden songs with refrains that only are played twice.
I know, I was just mentioning that repetition doesn't bother me at all on this record. But sure, there are pretty clear choruses in most songs.

I know, I was just mentioning that repetition doesn't bother me at all on this record. But sure, there are pretty clear choruses in most songs.
In the vein of "Don't you think I'm a savior? Don't you think I could save you? Don't you think I could save your life?" times 50, right? LOL :D:D:D:D

I was struggling all day to think of what the outro fade out reminds me of.

And then a mate pointed it out.

The keys intro to A.S.A.P.'s The Lion :lol:
I'd say the intro reminds me a bit of the unbeliever
was an acoustic bass used?

I'd like to know if Steve wrote the lyrics before the music or if they were even wrote in conjunction, the lyrics are really dark but the music is so joyful and uplifting, the contrast gives me a good chuckle.

anyway i've completly come around to this one what a fantastic track, another classic (in a good sense) Harris epic

I'd like to know if Steve wrote the lyrics before the music or if they were even wrote in conjunction, the lyrics are really dark but the music is so joyful and uplifting, the contrast gives me a good chuckle.

anyway i've completly come around to this one what a fantastic track, another classic (in a good sense) Harris epic

Never really had that reaction to Maiden-music. Melody is less important in the way I perceive it than actual delivery, and Bruce can make anything sound dark.

I agree. It's not a problem, but it's a bit odd.

I'd like to know if Steve wrote the lyrics before the music or if they were even wrote in conjunction, the lyrics are really dark but the music is so joyful and uplifting
In ''Montségur'' is the same. It's not a problem, I like the vibe of the song... it is similar to the vibe of WTWWB, btw.

On the other side, I'll see again heaven - so far away from this hell on earth

Hats off to Steve here. He put aside his usual logorrhea and, rather than searching for new words to put after 'heaven', he put a variation.

Back