03. John Myung
04. Chris Squire
05. Flea
06. Phil Lynott
07. Roger Waters
08. Bootsy Collins
09. John Paul Jones
10. Sting

Welcome to the Keyboardists part of the Best Band Ever game.

32 keyboardists will participate in a knockout style tournament. They are separated into two groups though, Metal and Rock, and the final match will be the winner of the Metal group vs. winner of the Rock group.

yi1wT33.jpg

David Paich (TOTO)
vs.
Ray Manzarek (THE DOORS)

Kevin Moore (DREAM THEATER, O.S.I.)
vs.
Sven Karlsson (EVERGREY, SOILWORK)

Looking at the leaderboards, I have some questions. How come Dave Mustaine made it there instead of EVH or Marty Friedman? Is Geddy Lee that amazing as a bassist? He might be, I don’t know much about bass players.
My favourite drummer won which is fair because my favourite singer got 2nd place and my favourite guitarist 3rd.

No doubt Moore will win this but I’m voting Sven, he seems more my type and I dug his playing on that Evergrey song a lot.

And Ray for the first battle.

Some very keyboard-reliant bands here.

Toto's keys are used to good effect for the style, but God I can't listen to music this saccharine for long. Psychedelic keyboards can get wearing, but I much prefer their contribution and overall effect with The Doors. Manzarek gets my vote. I suspect it's more skilful playing, but could be wrong. It depends whether the keyboardists have a major input in composition, really.

I naturally lean towards Dream Theater. Having listened to a bit more Evergrey, I do appreciate Karlssons contribution, but find it very understated. That could be production and the intention of the band, too, though, and it works a treat. Going with personal preference here, Karlsson.

Psychedelic keyboards can get wearing, but I much prefer their contribution and overall effect with The Doors. Manzarek gets my vote. I suspect it's more skilful playing, but could be wrong. It depends whether the keyboardists have a major input in composition, really.

Having Manzarek in the final lineup would be lots of fun. I think he and Iommi might work out some very rad tunes :cool: Manzarek used to do all the bass parts on the Fender Rhodes in the Doors (and the Doors never had a "proper" bass player") but that's OK, Geddy was never the best bass player anyways, so Manzarek can easily cover that up :p

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

The game outcome presents a fictitious band. They will not actually perform together nor be an actual band by any measure. Maidenfans.com apologizes for any inconvenience this may or may not cause you.

:p
That's alright! Sorry for my little inconvenience.
Foro, you know that Mosh can read your edit history, right?
Unfortunately he can. Unfortunately mods can read quickly edited posts.
If people change a post quickly, to make something less negative, then that was done with good intention and that should be valued, and praised. Imo it should be better if the first post is not monitored, or archived (ffsake!), when edited very quickly.

Too many mods out here (I cannot ignore them either if I wanted). As long as mods deal sincerely with edited posts I can still deal with it as well.

Posts are not (just) meant for mods, they are for all members who read them. Thus the edit button will always be used in great quantity.

Last edited:
Imo it should be better if the first post is not monitored, or archived (ffsake!),

The edit history is not archived. It is automatically deleted after a month and even the mods can't see it anymore then.

I do not give a rat's ass about a band with Portboy
I'm curious to why this is. Do you dislike him simply because he happened to beat Peart, (probably a little bit of a ridiculous result, I must admit) or for other reasons? His personality, perhaps? Surely you can't deny his talents as a drummer.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

The game outcome presents a fictitious band. They will not actually perform together nor be an actual band by any measure.
So this whole thing was for NOTHING then! :mad::mad:

:p

Back