Queensryche & Geoff Tate

This new album's art work looks quite cool
60d50695-95b8-4bac-ad09-f86747a9a359_800_420.jpeg

Here it is by the way.
In my opinion, I think QR (and many other bands) haven't put out a decent album cover since Hear in the Now Frontier (though Q2K and Tribe are not that bad)... and this one is no exception as it seems to have been made in a hurry by an underpaid photoshop 'artist' (?). But I'm quite picky on cover arts (Maiden's last good one is Brave New World, to my mind).

Last edited:
From Facebook:

Hey Rychers! We know everyone is eagerly anticipating news regarding 'The Verdict'. Here’s a little tease - it’s our track listing! Check back tomorrow for another major announcement!
1. Blood of the Levant
2. Man the Machine
3. Light-years
4. Inside Out
5. Propaganda Fashion
6. Dark Reverie
7. Bent
8. Inner Unrest
9. Launder the Conscience
10. Portrait
#Queensryche #TheVerdict #TrackListing #NewAlbum #March1stRelease

Sounds great but, like most songs on the previous lp, Todd is not saying the name of the song in the song. Annoying...

It is a really good song, but it sounds like more of the same from the other 2 releases and I have a feeling the rest of the album will be similar. What was really great about Warning through Promised Land is that each album had its own unique sound and feel to it. Now it just seems like everything kind of runs together.

It is a really good song, but it sounds like more of the same from the other 2 releases and I have a feeling the rest of the album will be similar. What was really great about Warning through Promised Land is that each album had its own unique sound and feel to it. Now it just seems like everything kind of runs together.
I haven't heard much of anything they have done since Empire but those albums all have one thing in common.

Chris Degarmo.

I've only listened to a few songs here and there from after Empire, but I checked this one out and I'm modestly impressed. Nice catchy stuff on display and in future I think I should do a deep dive through their catalog.

It doesn't sound much like Scott Rockenfield on the drums. What do you think?
If they’re being this cagey I’m guessing LaTorre played the drums on this record. That’s his background, after all — and he’s said in interviews that he still feels like he’s just a drummer who sings.

Pray to H first, so that he shields you from the horrors you will hear.

Promised Land is good though. Listen to that.
Yeah, it’s a bit of a wasteland after Promised Land and before Condition Hüman. I guess Tribe was OK, and Operation:Mindcrime II has its moments...but that’s about it, IMO.

I say just stop at Promised Land. Even the La Torre stuff is meh at best.

Back