Black Sabbath

Since your all talking & obsessed about the Ozzy era, I’ll,throw this one in: The Eternal Idol is a great fucking album.
Yes it is but I also said I'm hoping for new collaboration by Tony Iommi and Tony Martin in addition to Rob Halford and Glenn Hughes. I really enjoyed Eternal Idol both the Tony Martin and the Ray Gillen versions. The Shining is great but my favorite song is Glory Ride. Ancient Warrior, Nightmare, title track, Hard Life to Love, all amazing! I also like Some Kind of Woman and the early version of Black Moon though I prefer the Headless Cross version. Speaking of Ray, there's an excellent version of Ray singing Danger Zone live during the Seventh Star Tour. The first three Tony Martin albums are phenomenal. His voice wasn't as strong when he sang on Cross Purposes and that was because he was sick when he sang on it. I wish they waited until he was feeling better. However, he did a great job and Cross Purposes is another criminally under rated album along with the other Tony Martin albums. I really hope Tony Martin and Glenn will do solo tours so I can see them. I'm ashamed I haven't seen them yet

Last edited:
I really like the Ozzy era and I'm very much into Ozzy's solo albums but I can't get into much of his music after Ozzmosis. I only liked a couple of songs on Down To Earth, Black Rain was average though it has some very good songs, and I can't stand the Scream album. I like "13" very much, yes, I'm a proud fan of 13 but as I always say, everyone's entitled to their own opinions and I will respect them. :)

He did sound good live, at times, his voice is characteristic and he has a charisma. But Ozzy is no top grade frontman or singer.

I'll take it one step further: all the Tony Martin albums (bar Forbidden, which is pretty mediocre) belong among Sabbath's very best. I'd rank Headless Cross and Tyr higher than some Ozzy-era albums.
I like all the Black Sabbath albums including Forbidden. Headless Cross and Tyr are both amazing albums, and among Sabbath's finest. The Ray Gillen version of The Eternal Idol great and in addition to Ray's great voice, I also enjoyed the alternate versions of Tony's guitar solos. Speaking of Eternal Idol, has anyone here ever heard the original version of "The Shining," which was "No Way Out" with Dave Donato? Its a pity the full song hasn't been released and I read an interview with Dave where he talks about other songs they did and I hope they get released.

I would love to see a Sabbath tour with Tony Martin singing (LOVE the Tyr cd), but doubt Iommi would be up for it after his cancer scare

I would love to see a Sabbath tour with Tony Martin singing (LOVE the Tyr cd), but doubt Iommi would be up for it after his cancer scare
That would be awesome if they did but I also don't think Tony will tour because of his health. However, he did say in interviews that he has many song ideas and he wants to record with Rob Halford. Tony Martin also said in a recent interview that he is interested in recording new music with Tony Iommi. It would be awesome if he records a couple songs each with Tony Martin singing a couple of songs and a couple of songs with Rob Halford

gpQRJeN.jpg

Back