Vocalists that were auditioned for Bruce Dickinson's replacement in 1993

They should have got Tony Dolan, and then everything would have been different.
Including not just three guitars after the reunion but two bass guitars as well. And two vocalists. Guess that's why they didn't want him.
Here's to the Demolition Man!

Last edited:
View attachment 6837 Record sales reflect the fans reaction to the music of the band.

So The Soundhose Tapes is the worst Iron Maiden product? ;)

View attachment 6837 If your band sucks, you don't sell records and you don't have many fans (except your mom and your girlfriend).
So all bands that sell less than an amount demed acceptable by you sucks? Great :)

View attachment 6837 It is clear you don't understand the music industry.
I do. In fact I understand most industries. I studied industrial engineering management for five years ;)

View attachment 6837 The music industry is a BIG business .

lololoolol besides the touring part the music industry is dead. If you have to be in the Billboard top 20 to even be able to make a living out of it it is dead.

View attachment 6837there was a problem with the Blaze era, and Maiden and their concerned managment fixed the problem for the better.

Of course there was a problem, Maiden was the most successful metal band in the 80's and in the 90's the scene shifted. Are you saying they without Blaze would be able to maintain what they had in the 80's? You think they would not have a problem during the 90's regardless? Look at NPFTD and FOTD. Are you going to ignore the fact that the decline begun with Bruce at the helm? Or the fact that the Ed Huntour was not that much bigger than the Virtual XI World tour? The reunion was not exactly an instant success, but an improvement. The Edhuntour was not like the 'Not In This Lifetime Tour'. Like every other reunion, some are more successful, some less. But they grew bigger over time!

Last edited:
Blaze sings measurably out of key and with inconsistent tone. Whether this bothers you or not probably has a big influence on whether you like his Iron Maiden albums or not.

For me, the songwriting, production, and vocal performances on the Blaze-era albums were sub-par overall. I don't like "Man On The Edge", "The Clansman", "Como Estais Amigos", or most of the other local favorites mentioned here; and I still don't like them when Bruce sings them, because to me they're not good songs.

That said, I do like "Futureal", "Blood On The World's Hands", "2 A.M.", the radio edit of "Virus", and maybe "Sign Of The Cross". Blaze generally sounds better on these than on the other tracks, IMO, and the songs themselves are better written.

Blaze sings measurably out of key and with inconsistent tone.

True. Never got why they went with such an inexperienced and technically untrained singer. Seems as they only based it on being friends since before.

I still don't like them when Bruce sings them, because to me they're not good songs.

The most popular songs of Rock in Rio accordingly to Spotify are:

1) Fear of the Dark
2) The Clansman
3) Sign of the Cross

So statistically you are the odd man out on that :)

For me, the songwriting, production, and vocal performances on the Blaze-era albums were sub-par overall.
For me, the songwriting, production, and vocal performances on the Blaze-era albums were great. The X Factor stands as my favorite Maiden album. Each to their own.

Last edited:
What the blaze bashers always seem to come out with is smaller concert venues on the blaze tours and lower album sales. Like this as a way of stating as pure fact the blaze era was unsuccessful and then pinning all of this in blaze.

Look at the vast majority of maiden fans reactions to NPFTD and FOTD. Both Bruce albums but both would rank fairly low on most maiden fans lists of favourite albums from what I’ve read online and heard when speaking to fans. Even if Bruce stayed and never left has anyone thought that maybe the albums they might have released would have dropped in sales? Maiden around the 1996-1999 period might have been playing smaller venues even with Bruce in the band.

Ok so the blaze era had its problems and yes a lot of fans didn’t like him but what amazes me is all these sheep who jump up and down claiming Bruce is a god and blaze isn’t fit to lick his boots hardly flocked to see Bruce solo. His tours were even smaller than maidens and it a lot of cases was plying places with only a few hundred capacity. He supported Helloween on the skunkworks tour. Helloween supported maiden on the VXI tour.

Blaze cannot and should not be held solely accountable for the drop in maidens fortunes. The fact that bands like maiden were seen as dinosaurs during the mid to late 90’s played a massive fact. All the kids were flocking to grunge shows or nu metal shows during the blaze era.

What the blaze bashers always seem to come out with is smaller concert venues on the blaze tours and lower album sales. Like this as a way of stating as pure fact the blaze era was unsuccessful and then pinning all of this in blaze.

Look at the vast majority of maiden fans reactions to NPFTD and FOTD. Both Bruce albums but both would rank fairly low on most maiden fans lists of favourite albums from what I’ve read online and heard when speaking to fans. Even if Bruce stayed and never left has anyone thought that maybe the albums they might have released would have dropped in sales? Maiden around the 1996-1999 period might have been playing smaller venues even with Bruce in the band.

Ok so the blaze era had its problems and yes a lot of fans didn’t like him but what amazes me is all these sheep who jump up and down claiming Bruce is a god and blaze isn’t fit to lick his boots hardly flocked to see Bruce solo. His tours were even smaller than maidens and it a lot of cases was plying places with only a few hundred capacity. He supported Helloween on the skunkworks tour. Helloween supported maiden on the VXI tour.

Blaze cannot and should not be held solely accountable for the drop in maidens fortunes. The fact that bands like maiden were seen as dinosaurs during the mid to late 90’s played a massive fact. All the kids were flocking to grunge shows or nu metal shows during the blaze era.

That is a good theory and accounts for some of the drop in sales and concert attendance. But here in the States many die-hard Maiden fans stopped listening (buying albums and going to their concerts) after Bruce left, soley because of the sound of Blaze with the band + the lyrics were not quite up to par with the previous 2 decades. Things certianly changed after Bruce returned. (and Brucey is no god...that's for sure!)

But why not Bruce Chickinson...from the Iron Maidens... :D :p

Been a fan since the 80's, sooooo...truth be told you are technically closer to 13 than I. #areyoustilllivinginyourparentsbasement #sotheresthat
Sorry about that. What I mean't to say was that you are argumenting like a 13 year old!

Back