NOW PLAYING

NP: my old musical ideas

God, I was so inspired, mainly by Maiden. Sometimes I feel like I'm shite compared to my old self.

MI0002984744.jpg

EDIT: Man, by Medusa I had to double check to make sure I'm not listening to The Devil You Know

Last edited:

I know I look like I'm on this perpetual fucking opposite day or something, but I really can't help it.

Thing is, I've known Purple for the past twelve years or possibly more... and all the time this song has been among my top 5. I'm not fucking kidding. It has awesome groove and Blackmore's riff here is among my favourites of his. One of the reasons I never understood the bashing Stormbringer gets. I've always loved the album.

I know this one has been overplayed... but realising this came out in September 1964... The Zombies might have been the most interesting British Invasion band of them all.

Last night, Johnny Hallyday, the hugely popular (in every sense of the word) French rock icon, died aged 74. It has been the equivalent of a mourning day in national medias today (still going on as I'm typing).
Here are two of his songs that can cross over for hard rock fans. One of the sides of his 55+-year career.

Last edited:
Back