Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

@Mosh , where should I start with Spyro Gyra? (The fusion one). They have, like, 30 albums! :D
I just have City Kids and Catching the Sun. Both are good, but Catching the Sun is the one I'd most recommend of the two. I also listened to Incognito once and that was pretty good.

So almost all newspapers today are running articles on my block, calling it "a disgrace" and "horror block" filled with junkies, trash and thieves :(

Idrto

While researching Iron Maiden gig locations, I have come across this lovely article:

n800412mm.jpg

God, that's hilarious! I like that the sole justification for Maiden's superiority is that they play smaller clubs than Priest. This guy is the original hipster.

So I just got an invitation to my 10 year high school reunion. Fuck, time flew by. I don't really want to go, but the venue is within walking distance of my mom's place, so there's a fairly decent chance I might go and just get completely and utterly wasted.

While researching Iron Maiden gig locations, I have come across this lovely article:

n800412mm.jpg
Melody Maker was pretty crap back then (probably still is, if they exist). If that review had been in Sounds, it would have been more positive.

Great, what did he say?
Honestly of the pro musicians that spoke with my school, Bob was one of the least memorable for me. It Was actually more of a clinic. We met him at UCLA and he worked with one of the Jazz bands on some of his own music. Later on we attended one of his student band's gigs at a Jazz club on sunset strip (a few blocks away from the legendary Rainbow bar). Again, don't remember much of that other than the food and service being awful. Made me grateful for Denver's Jazz club which is smaller but better in every other way.

Back