BRUCE DICKINSON SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> Darkside Of Aquarius wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Eliminated after Round 11:
Wicker Man - 8 votes
Gods Of War - 7 votes
1000 Points Of Light - 7 votes
Acoustic Song - 7 votes

Promoted after Round 11:
Cyclops
Hell No
Change Of Heart
Tears Of The Dragon
No Way Out...To Be Continued

Gods Of War and 1000 Points Of Light lost the tiebreaker against Hell No, based on the average number of votes.
The Chemical Wedding joins the game!

I did. And it's still one of the very best concerts I've ever been to. The only negative thing was that Trumpets Of Jericho was a very unsuitable opener and clearly the worst song in the whole set.

They should have opened with King In Crimson instead.

It was a very special gig for me as well. First time I saw Adrian (missed AOB tour). I particularly remember the awesomeness during the King in Crimson mid section. First time I saw Powerslave and Flight of Icarus! Roy was not there but his robotic move replacement was good. Bruce was in top shape. Very strong voice and active on stage.

Not as huge fan of Alchemist. First half is cool but the reprise I find less interesting than many other solo efforts.

I was at the Swiss concert in Pratteln (Z7). There was the same issue with respect to smoking. Bruce made clear that he would throw a bucket of water to a culprit. Luckily the guy immediately stopped smoking and the show went on without any other incidents. Yes, the gig was most intense because Bruce seemed to be really angry. But I think it might have been due to the fact that there were very few people attending the show.

I was at the Swiss concert in Pratteln (Z7). There was the same issue with respect to smoking. Bruce made clear that he would throw a bucket of water to a culprit. Luckily the guy immediately stopped smoking and the show went on without any other incidents. Yes, the gig was most intense because Bruce seemed to be really angry. But I think it might have been due to the fact that there were very few people attending the show.
Since you guys were at the same concert: Jazz thought it happened and Cosmic thought it was a threat. Must have been impressive.

Both of these albums are great and The Chemical Wedding is hands down Bruce's best solo work (and even rivals some of Maiden's best work).

Voting for anything I give less than a 9 or 10/10, including:

Starchildren
Taking the Queen
Man of Sorrows
Killing Floor
Gates of Urizen
Machine Men
Return of the King
Real World
Confeos

Accident of Birth > Chemical Wedding

Road to Hell better than Starchildren, Taking the Queen, Man of Sorrows?

BAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAA HAA HAA HAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AH AH AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I love Road to Hell. 10/10 song. But you can certainly laugh at my opinions.

The worst of Bruce songs tend to sound like he's improvising the melodies, those three you mentioned fall into that category for me.

Road To Hell is my favorite of the short rockers on AOB. Also a 10/10 for me. Other 10/10 songs from AOB: Darkside, Taking the Queen, Omega.

Accident of Birth is a very melodic and well sounding album. I realize many people (including Bruce himself) prefer The Chemical Wedding and that album has some of my favourite tracks (e.g. King In Crimson) but as a whole album I find AOB more enthralling to listen to. It has quite some nice moody moments as well.

Man of Sorrows (a fantastic song, every second of it!, the chord progressions are right up my alley when it comes to taste I guess), the title track, Taking the Queen, Starchildren, Darkside, Omega.... Not many CW songs come close to this wealth (and warmth!) of these songs. The mood, the melodies, the harmonies, the groove (Starchildren!), it's all there. I'd also say the album has more variation (and perhaps even originality). There's a full on acoustic song and the album contains more different rhythms. It doesn't have monotone segments as in Killing Floor and Machine Men which seem to lean more on rhythm/heaviness/dull guitar riffs. On most AOB songs there's more musical depth.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with that assessment, AOB is probably the more musically diverse album. However, I find the overall quality of songs on TCW to be much higher.

The Chemical Wedding has one of the greatest flows as an album you can find. That's its best quality imo.

Didn't know the spoken word on this album was from Arthur Brown, cool !

CW is a masterpiece. Each song has its own theme and mood yet it all flows together coherently. It has some of the best lyrics, melodies, and riffs to appear on anything Bruce has sang on (Maiden included). Definitely one of the top 5 greatest Metal albums.

Bonus tracks are good too. Return of the King is awesome, would've liked that on the album instead of Machine Men. A more upbeat track would've worked well there.

Voting for:
Starchildren
Man Of Sorrows
Accident of Birth
Arc of Space
Machine Men
Confeos

Amazing that Killing Floor is favoured over this:
Starchildren
Man Of Sorrows
Accident of Birth
Return of the King is awesome, would've liked that on the album instead of Machine Men. A more upbeat track would've worked well there.
Agreed! I like this more than 2 Minutes to Midnight! One of the best Smith tracks out there! :)
Great riff and chorus.

Return of the King is easily one of the best bonus tracks in the Maiden/Bruce pantheon.

Count my among those who prefer Birth.
It's close, but I find it more consistent.

It's not in danger of going out yet, but Arc of Space will disappear too soon.
What a vocal performance.

Back