The Apparition

How good is The Apparition on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I've recently gave this song another shot and I must say I kinda like it. I really like the lyrics, and the instrumental section, not the easiest song to get into. If I didn't recently give this song another shot I would give it a 2. I remember the first time I heard it I was thinking what the hell was maiden thinking when they put this on the album, but now that I have listened to it again I think it's alright. I give it a 6.

Boring, uninspired and silly filler to me. This was one of the first times I actually took the time to listen right through it, I usually skip this. What saves it from lowest score possible it the cool unison guitar lines and the okay solos, but the rest is crap in my ears.

2/10

really good song actually. hadn't heard it in ages as i basically never play FOTD anymore but I really dig the spirit of the lyrics, much better than the gloomy reactionary shit they started falling into after this album. and the riff at 1:30 is goofy but cool. rated it 8/10.

Well, I'm part of the minority of people who enjoy this song. Maybe I first listened to it at a time when I needed some encouragement and inspiration, and found the song did just that - even if it was done in a general and blunt sort of way.

I'd agree that the lyrics aren't particularly well written, and certainly not deep. It doesn't make it a terrible song - but certainly far from their best material.
I kind of like the chords too. A very slight ominous feel. The whole song has a basic, to-the-point feel, and that's OK.

This song is nowhere near being the worst. It's probably not even the worst song on the album (I would have to revise it thoroughly to judge). I would literally pick it over a half of Killers tracks. The riff at 1:19 is so badass that it alone should boost this song's recognition. This universal criticism has always puzzled me. Or maybe it's just this forum, I don't know. It's not very good, but 1/10? Come on. I'd probably give it about 4/10 (in Maiden scale, as always). Definitely not lower.

It's terrible, but I don't know if I'd call it the worst. Weekend Warrior is much worse in my opinion, probably the only Iron Maiden song I'd come close to calling a failure.

Even then, there are songs I know of that are definitely failures (Purify, a couple of TWNAH tracks, most Cannibal Corpse songs), so it has that going for it.

...I really like this song...It's probably one of my favourites from the 90s period.

If they ever decided to put it in the live set sometime, I wouldn't complain.

6. I always used to think this song was an absolute turd but it grew.

Rankings:

Previous Albums:

Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
6 - Sanctuary
7 - Remember Tomorrow
6 - Running Free
9 - Phantom Of The Opera
7 - Transylvania
4 - Strange World
6 - Charlotte The Harlot
7 - Iron Maiden

Killers - 5.91

6 - The Ides Of March
6 - Wrathchild
6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
5 - Another Life
5 - Genghis Khan
5 - Innocent Exile
8 - Killers
5 - Prodigal Son
8 - Purgatory
6 - Twilight Zone
5 - Drifter

The Number Of The Beast - 7.56

6 - Invaders
7 - Children Of The Damned
8 - The Prisoner
7 - 22 Acacia Avenue
9 - The Number Of The Beast
10 - Run To The Hills
6 - Gangland
5 - Total Eclipse
10 - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind - 7.44

8 - Where Eagles Dare
9 - Revelations
9 - Flight Of Icarus
7 - Die With Your Boots On
8 - The Trooper
7 - Still Life
6 - Quest For Fire
6 - Sun And Steel
7 - To Tame A Land

Powerslave - 6.75

8 - Aces High
7 - 2 Minutes To Midnight
3 - Loss Fer Words
7 - Flash Of The Blade
5 - The Duellists
6 - Back In The Village
9 - Powerslave
9 - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time - 8.00

8 - Caught Somewhere In Time
9 - Wasted Years
8 - Sea Of Madness
8 - Heaven Can Wait
8 - The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
7 - Stranger In A Strange Land
8 - Deja Vu
8 - Alexander The Great

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - 8.25

7 - Moonchild
9 - Infinite Dreams
9 - Can I Play With Madness
9 - The Evil That Men Do
10 - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6 - The Prophecy
8 - The Clairvoyant
8 - Only The Good Die Young

No Prayer For The Dying - 6.90

6 - Tailgunner
6 - Holy Smoke
8 - No Prayer For The Dying
7 - Public Enema Number One
7 - Fates Warning
7 - The Assassin
6 - Run Silent Run Deep
8 - Hooks In You
8 - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
6 - Mother Russia

Fear Of The Dark

7 - Be Quick Or Be Dead
8 - From Here To Eternity
9 - Afraid To Shoot Strangers
5 - Fear Is The Key
6 - Childhoods End
8 - Wasting Love
7 - The Fugitive
8 - Chains Of Misery
6 - The Apparition

Extremely boring for the most part, altough the instrumental part is quite interesting.. But all in all, one of Maiden's weakest songs. 3/10

Lifeless, dull, boring. Pretty much sums up this track for me. This song should never have made the cut. In my book this is one of the worst album songs Maiden ever did. (And I consider very few Maiden songs to fall into this category.) The solo section is the only thing here with any merit.

Back