Does Maiden care anymore?

1:40.
3:26 (really subtle)
3:37
3:48

I did a post on that a few months back.

It's really subtle with very fast attack, and it adjusts it a few cents, because Bruce is almost exactly on pitch, but there are some very subtle corrections.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I listened to it many times and I just can't hear anything unusual.

EDIT: oh wait, crap, I htink I know what you're talking about, but I don't think it's autotune.
I think it's a chorus effect. See, I think that Bruce recorded this part 2 times, and the subtle differences between the two takes make a chorus effect, and it sounds odd to your ear. I could be wrong, but that's how I hear it. 3:37 was the best time to hear it, because just before it he does a vibrato that sounds really weird when you listen really close.

Try the word "echoes" on Coming Home then. Listen to the artefacts there.

Very subtle corrections can be hard to hear. We're not talking Sebastian Bach auto tune here. :D

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I listened to it many times and I just can't hear anything unusual.

EDIT: oh wait, crap, I htink I know what you're talking about, but I don't think it's autotune.
I think it's a chorus effect. See, I think that Bruce recorded this part 2 times, and the subtle differences between the two takes make a chorus effect, and it sounds odd to your ear. I could be wrong, but that's how I hear it. 3:37 was the best time to hear it, because just before it he does a vibrato that sounds really weird when you listen really close.
Yes I hear the comb filtering from the double tracking. It's not that though what I meant. I hear subtle tuning. At least it sounds like that to my ears!

I hear what you say about the word "echoes". Feels like a bit of reverb was added there or something, but it's definitely a stronger example than different world.
You may be right on this one.

The Talisman (around 1 min): The words "tenfold", and "sail out". I listened to that track yesterday!

Honestly, subtle auto tuning is not a strange thing. I just don't like it. Leave it flat or rerecord.

Heavy pitch correction though... Yuck. Can't stand it, and especially not with seasoned singers.

I don't know man. It could just be an older guy trying to get from note A to note B and it doesn't sound as smooth as it used to.

I personally don't think there's pitch correction here, but there might be. I get where you're coming from.

Reactions: Yax
There are artefacts there from the tuning on The Talisman. Listen to the space-ish sound. It's most definitely tuning.

I'm not saying Bruce needs tuning. He's an exceptional singer. I'm just saying, fuck pitch perfect at 100% of the lines. It's not natural.

Suggestion: say autotuning or pitch correcting instead of tuning. Tuning is just tuning.

Yeah man, Maiden have totally gotten lazy recently, I mean they're just producing safe, run-of-the-mill garbage with no musical substance or lyrical depth like Isle of Avalon and Starblind.

And AMOLAD, how lazy is it playing the ENTIRE album live on tour, if they had any integrity as musicians at all they would have just stopped making albums and still be touring Somewhere Back in Time..

I know, right? They shouls change band name to Iron Disappointment or Cash Maiden.

Anyway - after waking up I started SOL and it still sound amazing. So hype is over and I still like it, first time since 1993 I like their single at first run! :)

I'm starting to get really tired of complainers. I'm sorry if a little facetiousness rubs you the wrong way, but there's oodles of evidence that Maiden has put together complex track after complex track on each album - just like they used to - as well as quicker, simpler rockers - just like they used to.

This thread was opened for one reason only, and that's to troll.

You know how I could summarize my complaints in the best way?
It seems like Maiden keeps using less and less effects. It seems they want to avoid using reverb, delay, chorus and synths as much as possible while to my knowledge, Maiden is at it's best when incorporating those things in their songs. Examples are Alexander, The Nomad, Stranger in a Strange Land and Seventh Son.

This whole LIVE sound they are going for simply means that the songs will be a straight forward as it can in terms of PRODUCTION, we are NOT talking about the complexity of songs. LIVE means fewer effects have to be carried around and adjusted so playing live will go smoother in recreating the album experience.
I'm tired of that. I want Maiden songs that heavily use effects alongside of the short rockers.

Ok, you want this but maybe for them is not matter of laziness (less production time) but matter of what they feel is right for their music?

Typical response to any criticism:
i) not a real fan
ii) Band plays to their own satisfaction
iii) You are annoying

So you think that they should play to be miserable? They must play for their own satisfaction, nothing wrong about that.

Yes, you have - no arguing about that. I'm just saying that thinking that they don't care is just unfair.

Yeah I totally don't agree with that line either. I just take everything PlayClassics says with a grain of salt. I remember him from a few years back on the official Iron Maiden temporary free forum :p

Back