Unreleased Pink Floyd instrumental music from 1994 coming in Ocober

Spanish-Inquisition-GIF.gif

Having just lost my youtube account by error, with 800 subscribers and over a quarter of a million views this has managed to really cheer me up. I caught them live in 1994 for The Division Bell and they were incredible. Everything crossed! :)

Not my favorite era of Floyd, but I'll take any new material I can get.

I've watched Pulse many times and to this day, I have never seen a better light show than their '94 tour. I'm really hoping they'll tour again.

This might be a very unpopular opinion but I really don't want Pink Floyd to reunite. Which is a weird thing to say considering they're one of my all time favorite bands. But seriously, they ended touring on a high note in 94 and the Live 8 was a perfect swan song and reunion. Nothing will ever live up to that imo. And now especially with Wright being dead, I want a reunion even less.

I felt the same way about Led Zeppelin reuniting. Both bands have great legacies and they never became parodies of themselves, best not to mess with that.

I really think Floyd would reunite if Rick Wright didn't pass away. They were hinting it.

Nothing will ever live up to that imo.

How do you know that? These are still the same guys who wrote and recorded Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall together, and there is no reason for assuming they will become parodies of themselves. I call ageism on that.

How do you know that? These are still the same guys who wrote and recorded Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall together, and there is no reason for assuming they will become parodies of themselves. I call ageism on that.

There's no Rick Wright. He was a huge part of this band's sound.

Well, three of the same guys at least. You're missing one very important member and his absence is enough for me to say no to a reunion.

But also based on recent performances. It was cool to see the various one off "reunions" here and there but I didn't think the performances were all that great. I'm not assuming they'll become parodies of themselves but the recent reunions (and Waters' Wall tour) lead me to believe that a full reunion tour would be less than great. I'm satisfied with Live 8 being their final concert.

Perhaps you're not satisfied with these developments because this is not (going to be) the last Pink Floyd concert anymore.

Last edited:
I don't want a full-fledged reunion but another concert honoring Rick Wright could be nice.

This should clear a few things up.

From: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/pink-floyd-to-release-new-album-the-endless-river-in-october/
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Pink Floyd’s fourteenth and final album, Division Bell. Beyond a deluxe reissue, David Gilmour apparently plans to mark the occasion with a brand new LP entitled The Endless River, which will be released in October.

And from: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/...-new-album-no-roger-waters-no-plans-for-tour/
More details have surfaced regarding Pink Floyd’s surprise new album, The Endless River.

As previously reported, the album features unreleased music dating back to 1994, from sessions involving David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and the late Richard Wright. Thus, as one might expect, founding member Roger Waters will not be featured on the album, according to a new report from UK newspaper The Sun (via Brain-Damage). Rogers left the band following 1983′s release of The Final Cut and was not involved in these initial sessions, not Gilmour and Mason’s recent efforts to finish the material.

The Sun also reports that the band has no plans for an accompanying tour.

Facebook announcement:
Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album "The Endless River" in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the Summer.

Division Bell outtakes, eh? Can't say I'm shivering with anticipation, but I'll give it a chance.

Division Bell isn't my favorite Floyd album, but I did really love the instrumental stuff on there. More of that could be cool.

It'd be really nice though if they invited Waters to give input. Make one final album that features the four of them.

Seeing as though Pink Floyd are my all time favourite band, I can't bloody wait!

A "new Pink Floyd album" is something I thought I'd never hear in my life. And as I wasn't even born when the last one was released, this makes it even more exciting!

Unfortunately, I'm not at all expecting a tour under the monicker of 'Pink Floyd', but if Gilmour tours (which I can see him doing in the near future, seeing as though he's bringing out a solo album too), I can see him performing some of the material.

The 5th of July was a good day. Seeing Iron Maiden for the first time and then on the way home from Knebworth, hearing about this news! I can't wait!

Back