More Maiden Albums

Yes, Maiden is better than Priest, but it's not as simple as saying "Every Maiden song is better than any Priest song". They're very close, and some Priest albums like Sad Wings Of Destiny, Screaming For Vengeance and Defenders Of The Faith are classics. I like both bands, and I'm looking forward to the Priest reunion album because Halford at least has made some great metal during the last decade.

[!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Oh dear! You found my reply shocking?! Especially at a site dedicated to Maiden? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Mate, you got to stop kidding yourself  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
No, not shocking, rather ridiculous.

Oh, and I shouldn't give my opinion when it's not in favour of Maiden when the BB is dedicated to Maiden? WTF dude, accept it, some people have different opions.

And in stead of posting 'LOL!!' 'YOU CRACK ME UP!' and other stupid bullshit, try to give a good reply, and stop acting like such a fucking idiot. n00b.

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Oh dear! You found my reply shocking?! Especially at a site dedicated to Maiden? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Mate, you got to stop kidding yourself  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
No, not shocking, rather ridiculous. [/quote]
Let's get this straight. You say that Priest is better than Maiden..on a forum DEDICATED to Maiden, and when I laugh at your comment...YOU find it ridiculous?

Mate...you need a reality check [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 16 2003, 09:57 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 16 2003, 09:57 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Oh, and I shouldn't give my opinion when it's not in favour of Maiden when the BB is dedicated to Maiden? WTF dude, accept it, some people have different opions.

And in stead of posting 'LOL!!' 'YOU CRACK ME UP!' and other stupid bullshit, try to give a good reply, and stop acting like such a fucking idiot. n00b. [/quote]
Well I'm a n00b. I'm not as mature as you...prick! [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maiden is playing better than ever... DoD says it... Live forever, Maiden...

AND, please, gig in Curitiba, Brazil, please!!!

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 16 2003, 11:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 16 2003, 11:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Oh dear! You found my reply shocking?! Especially at a site dedicated to Maiden? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Let's get this straight. You say that Priest is better than Maiden..on a forum DEDICATED to Maiden, and when I laugh at your comment...YOU find it ridiculous?

Mate...you need a reality check [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Yes, I find it ridiculous that you laugh because I have a different opinion...
I should change my opinion because I'm on a Maiden board? I think not.

It's really extremely stupid to say that I can't prefer one band over another because the forum is about that band. I can say what I want to say here.

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 17 2003, 07:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 17 2003, 07:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 16 2003, 11:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 16 2003, 11:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Oh dear! You found my reply shocking?! Especially at a site dedicated to Maiden? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Mate...you need a reality check [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]

It's really extremely stupid to say that I can't prefer one band over another because the forum is about that band. I can say what I want to say here. [/quote]
It was never the case that you could like another band or not. It was the fact that you seemed surprised when someone commented on your remark. It was like you didn't expect a reaction.

And you certainly deserved a reaction when you said "Priest owned Maiden in every possible way".

Just want to add one thing about crappy reviews in crappy sold-out magazines. When Brave New World was just released, they all started whining like "Oh, those lengthy epic songs make us sleep, we want something for headbanging and frightening the neighbors. We want POWERSLAVE!!!" But now since DoD is out, and there's some Powerslave-like stuff, they start saying this: "Hey, why have you started playing that headbanging stuff for kids? We want serious adult metal. We want BRAVE NEW WORLD!!!" So I think that the reviewers don't really care what Maiden play - they just want to say something bad about them, to make people fprget real metal gods and make them listen to sell-outs like Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit (the recent incident with MTV is a good proof for it). [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

So I like what Maiden do now. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] And I also like almost all they did before. Does it really matter what is written in the reviews about their style?

Reviews are reviews guys and girls... Magazines will write what ever about an album so they can sell thier own Mag...

But if you look on the sales charts you will see that Maiden dont need these magazines to sell. They dont need promotion all they need is a release date and all fans around the world will line up for the openings.. and concert sales huh they just keep selling wherever they venue...

Maiden will not stop playing they have just got a new lease on life and thier music.. the style hasnt changed only that Adrian and Bruce have come back and re-inputed thier ideas and they have progressed as a band.. and moved on the style is similar if not the same but with a more modern sound

More than likely they will keep rolling till they have nothing to play untill deafness falls on thier ears....

For all who cuss at Maiden because their music became more complicated, I always asked, "Do you want them to play 'Killers'-like stuff again?" Yes, Killers is a good album, but they're not those young lads anymore. They play good music for smart people who can understand it. Unlike s**tallica who oversimplified their music and lost all their reputation. So I don't think they need to play oversimplified stuff just for headbanging. I like what they do now! [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 17 2003, 11:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 17 2003, 11:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 17 2003, 07:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 17 2003, 07:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 16 2003, 11:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 16 2003, 11:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Dec 16 2003, 09:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 15 2003, 02:30 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Oh dear! You found my reply shocking?! Especially at a site dedicated to Maiden? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's really extremely stupid to say that I can't prefer one band over another because the forum is about that band. I can say what I want to say here. [/quote]
It was never the case that you could like another band or not. It was the fact that you seemed surprised when someone commented on your remark. It was like you didn't expect a reaction.

And you certainly deserved a reaction when you said "Priest owned Maiden in every possible way". [/quote]
I was never surprised that you reacted. It was the reaction itself that annoyed me.
You didn't take me serious. And act like it's impossible for any band to be better than Maiden, and I posted 'Priest owns Maiden' because this other dude said I must be kidding... And that annoyed me.

Priest is good, but Maiden has always been THE band for me. And there are always these bad reviews. I think Dance of Death is a great album, whatever someone elese says. It's totally stupid in my mind to post a thing like 'priest own maiden', because that leaves everyone giving this shit about who is better, but doesn't actually say anything.

Indiana makes a pretty good point. As for KRS, your opinions are always good to hear...and I think welcome. We need a few people about who aren't always about Maiden to remind us there is a whole wealth of music out there for us to explore.

I've never listened to any Priest. But one of these days I'll check it out.

Of course that's an important point too. Better release one more album which is a real classic masterpiece than five average albums...

Hopefully there will be at least 5 masterpieces!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The thing is, Of course they will make more albums!
They will always, that's just the way it is, basta!
Bruce dickinson made a solemn promise and he keeps them.
And maiden will go on.
They will always live.

Back