Maiden new album in 2014

Someone on the FC forum was saying Hellfest, but hasn't posted anything to back up that theory. They're currently analysing Bruce's business talks commitments to work out when he's free. ;)

Hellfest is a real mess, and their 2013 bill was just like a collection of the worst things in Metal.
Cried, I meant that in case I could help some of you to get tickets I would do it with pleasure.

Well, I was not really enthuasiastic about Kiss, Accept, Korn, Whitesnake, ZZTop, Europe...
I should have been more cautious in my formulation, but honestly, the overall impression was that they had invited very old bands with a great back catalogue, but absolutely nothing left to say.
But, again, I'm sorry for the harsh formulation.

Add Maiden to a lineup similar to that and I'd certainly consider it. It's the right time of year for my holidays and not too far from friends in Limoges, too.

I could name at least 20 bands from other stages that I'd like to see :p

Indeed! The big names might be disappointing...but man, The Valley, Temple and Altar stages are filled to the brim with great names. I could probably just stay at the Valley stage all festival. It's like a who-is-who of the sludge/stoner/post-metal scene.

On the subject of Accept though: I haven't heard Stalingrad in its entirety, but what I heard was very good. Hardly uninspired (Def Leppard on the other hand... :D).

Oh no doubt there....I'd much rather see them do a arena tour in the winter or something than paying a full festival ticket to see them play on some bumpy grass field. What I was responding to really was harrisdevot saying that the bill was a collection of the worst things in metal but when looking at the bill I have to say there's a hell of a lot of great bands on there!!

It's worse when Maiden plays non metal only festival shows..which they also play some of, then you are really screwed as a fan.

It's worse when Maiden plays non metal only festival shows..which they also play some of, then you are really screwed as a fan.
Interesting point. Yeh, granted, most Maiden fans (on the face of it) are indeed going to want to go to a Metal festival, over a non-Metal festival; where Maiden are on the bill. But, this is really the problem with pigeonholing various acts (same with literary genres) into categories of music, is it not? I don't really pay much attention to the rest of the RiR bill, but is this not sort of why it is so successful i.e. a passionate mix of people coming together to watch quite a lot of different types of music? Personally, RiR (i.e. the huge mix of acts) ain't my cup of tea; but clearly it works for some folk. I can't help but think that there's just too many bands touring around playing the same stuff in the same places. But, whatever works I suppose...

Yup. A festival like Rock in Rio is as much a pop festival as anything. I think headliners besides Maiden this year was artists like Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys etc etc...it's a music festival, a lot of different stuff and a lot of smaller stages with electronica and rock etc...Yes, of course that's why it's such a big festival but if your dream is just to see Maiden it sucks to shell out the cash for a big mainstream music festival like Rio or some of the European ones, where you have to pay full festival ticket, 3-5 days...where there might be Maiden and then perhaps a handful of other acts you are into....

Last edited:
Yup. A festival like Rock in Rio is as much a pop festival as anything. I think headliners besides Maiden this year was artists like Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys etc etc...it's a music festival, a lot of different stuff and a lot of smaller stages with electronica and rock etc...Yes, of course that's why it's such a big festival but if your dream is just to see Maiden it sucks to shell out the cash for a big mainstream music festival like Rio or some of the European ones, where you have to pay full festival ticket, 3-5 days...where there might be Maiden and then perhaps a handful of other acts you are into....
I agree, Rio is mainly a pop festival. Maiden, Metallica and Slayer were the only good bands I remember that played

http://vorterix.com/home/bruce-dickinson_4474

Someone posted this link in the Maiden England 2013 setlist thread. An interesting interview, and Bruce said "but I don't think Maiden fans are going to be too disappointed for long". He wouldn't answer anything concrete, apart from saying that they've been writing "bits and bobs" here and there.

I'd like to see maidens next album have some Power Metal elements. Other then Wasted Years, they've never done power metal, but have done some power metal-ish stuff like, as I just said, Wasted Years.

Yet Maiden is a huge influence on the genre. 98percent of popular power metal bands will cite Maiden as a big influence. With Helloween, even their newer stuff, they continue to have a similar way of writing guitar harmonies and intros, but a lot faster of course. (but other then Helloween, most PM bands are thematically based around fantasy)

Anyways, yea, I'd love it if Maiden continued in the direction they've been going in with their most recent two, but added some power metal elements to it. I don't mean I want fantasy stuff like blind guardian, as PM doesn't have to have fantasy themes, but the other elements power metal is known for ;).

Back