Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2010 finished: Book Of Thel wins again!

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs

• Darkside Of Aquarius

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Book Of Thel

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2010: Balls To Picasso, round 7 (Sep 2-3)

Thank you for that rather deciding vote (I hope). It really would be a shame if both super b-sides The Breeding House & No way Out...To Be Continued would be eliminated in this early fase.

:ok:

Born in '58, Cyclops, Gods Of War.

Why the hell did Breeding House get expelled? Pfft...

I think the track is less known. Sounds like a dumb reason (and I know one can't debate someone else's taste) but it's really weird to imagine that this particular song is less cool than some of the others which are still left.

No way Out...To Be Continued is a strong rich track with different moods and tempo's. Some really edgy powerful riffing. Not to speak about the stellar vocal performance. I highly doubt if it'd will survive the next round though. Maybe because Skunkworks is a bit less popular.

I'd take The Breeding House over most of Bruce's discography. It's a pity it had to go.
And No Way Out... To Be Continued is almost just as good, perhaps better. I won't touch it for a long time.

I'm looking forward to Skunkworks. It's about time Back From the Edge got some love. Maybe Inertia too.

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2010: Skunkworks round 1 (Sep 4-5)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

Round 2.7 results:
Darkness Be My Friend is eliminated. :(
Saved by the bell: Gods Of War

Skunkworks has joined the battle, with a hired gun: an Italian drummer.

Now this year we've got to keep Back From The Edge alive!

Listening to the album now, will vote later.

I know you don't put all the album related songs on the poll, but this time Rescue Day, Re-Entry, Armchair Hero, God's Not Coming Back and Armchair Hero are strong enough to be on the poll! I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer is good for obvious comic value, but not to be on a poll.

Gods Of War
I Will Not Accept The Truth
I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer

Jeffmetal said:
I know you don't put all the album related songs on the poll, but this time Rescue Day, Re-Entry, Armchair Hero, God's Not Coming Back and Armchair Hero are strong enough to be on the poll! I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer is good for obvious comic value, but not to be on a poll.

Gods Of War
I Will Not Accept The Truth
I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer

I second this. Especially Rescue Day and the beautiful Re-Entry.
Meltdown
Octavia (forgettable)
I'm in a Band With an Italian Drummer

Those non-album songs were omitted because the round is already pretty long, with 13 songs on Skunkworks. And I fucking love Italian Drummer, so it's the only one I kept.

So, let it be an annual tradition in the Bruce Survivor: someone's always gonna bitch about missing their pet b-side. Tough. Suck on it. :p

I should add, when I say "I fucking love" something, that's very high praise in my book. I reserve that phrase only for the most deserving music. For example, I fucking love Twisted Sister.
I Will Not Accept The Truth, Headswitch, Octavia

Moonchild33 said:
And No Way Out... To Be Continued is almost just as good, perhaps better. I won't touch it for a long time.

There's only one way to get it further. By eliminating its concurrents. I am going to start voting for:

No Way Out ... Continued

Gods of War
(annoying chorus)

Headswitch
(Soundgardish song but still the worst of the album imo)

Italian Drummer, Space Race, '58

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2010: Skunkworks round 2 (Sep 6-7)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

Round 3.1 results:
I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer and I Will Not Accept The Truth are eliminated.

Headswitch, Octavia, Meltdown

No Way Out ... Continued
Gods of War
Headswitch

Re: Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2010: Skunkworks round 2 (Sep 6-7)

Born in '58, Tattooed Millionaire, Space Race

Back