Albums of the half year?

PESTILENCE

Prowler
OK, so 2010 has already been a storming year for hard rock/metal (in my personal opinion). So good, in fact, that I'm already worried about compiling my top ten at the end of the year 

What do you guys (and girls) think have been the best albums so far (between January and June)?

There has been almost too many quality releases to choose from, and although some of these may be considered "obvious" or commercial, here is my top 10 would have to be:

Finntroll - Nifelvind
Rotting Christ - Aealo
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Blaze Bayley - Promise And Terror
Ratt - Infestation
Engel - Threnody
Watain - Lawless Darkness
Godsmack - The Oracle
Svartsot - Mulmets Viser
Stone Temple Pilots - S/T

The albums I'm looking forward too aren't even out yet... so I'll reserve judgement 'til then.

I'd have to see a list of all the albums to jog my memory, maybe.

But the two albums which come to mind first are Avantasia and Pain Of Salvation. Both were better than I expected.

Edit: I'm moving this thread to Metalfans.

Thanks for moving the thread, guys.

And, I'll see if I can try to come up with a decent list of albums from this year when I have a little time.

Freedom Rock - H.E.A.T.
Facemelter - Y&T
Slash - Slash

Ozzy's new album is pretty good too.
I can't stop listening to most of these for more than a week.

SinisterMinisterX said:
But the two albums which come to mind first are Avantasia...

I'm actually looking forward to buying that album, I just found out last week that they realeased a couple of albums not too far apart. The guest vocalist as always top notch.

I would like to add the new album by Enforcer to my list. Amazing NWOTHM....I have started a new thread on this is anyone cares  ;)

That's just stupid...

I googled it and google asked me, "Did you mean: NWOBHM" and google knows ALL!

So far it's in roughly this order for me

Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Sabaton - Coat of Arms
Orphaned Land - Neverending Way of Orwarrior
Blaze - Promise and Terror
Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony

Fozzy - Chasing the Grail. A great album, and I recommend it to everyone.
Blaze - Promise and Terror. Still no Silicon Messiah, but just awesome.
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time. Feels like a renaissance after A Twist In The Myth.
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare. Honestly, their best album yet, and really ups the level of tunes from this band.

Back