Which is your favorite?

• Balls To Picasso

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Skunkworks

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
I thought it'd be fun to but Bruce's more "experimental/alternative" sounding albums up against each other.

My favorite of the 2 is Skunkworks.

I prefer Balls to Picasso.
The only songs I can listen from Skunworks are Solar Confinement, Inertia and Back From the edge.

Back From The Edge is one of my alltime favourite songs (of any band) but as a whole album I find Balls to Picasso more fitting to my style. When it came out I had problems with liking Skunkworks but now it has grown and the difference with Balls (which I loved from the beginning) has become smaller.

Mega said:
Balls.
It's got about 5 GREAT songs, while Skunkworks have about none.

Space Race, Back From the Edge, Inertia, Solar Confinement, Innerspace and Strangedeath aren't great?

Even though Balls has Cyclops, I'll go with Skunkworks by a hair as it's more enjoyable as an entire album (I listen to Balls only on shuffle).

I guess Skunkworks is for the open minded. I feel The Final Frontier being very much like Skunkworks - bold music music for bold minds and ears.

Black_Thunder94 said:
I can't believe in this!  :blink:

Some actually LIKES Skunkworks...

Simply the worst album in Bruce's carrier.

Never listened to that album so far (except a couple of songs)... maybe i never will.

Skunkworks is a damn good album and well worth many listens.

BTP is still better, of course, but Skunkworks deserves more respect.
And the BTP edge isn't huge ... it's better, but SW isn't that far behind.

Damn, if you guys are praising it so much, maybe I should give it another listen.
I did listen to Tyranny for the first time several days ago and loved every minute of it.

It's been a while since I've listened to either, I think I like Balls better, but I'm gonna go back and listen to both, just to make sure.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Skunkworks is a damn good album and well worth many listens.

BTP is still better, of course, but Skunkworks deserves more respect.
And the BTP edge isn't huge ... it's better, but SW isn't that far behind.

Only Back From The Edge is a good track, but still, you shouldn't even compare the album with Balls.

Strange Death in Paradise and Space Race are also fine tracks and there are more.

Black Thunder, let's see what happens 10 years later. Some of us like the album more than when it came out... I am not sure how long you know this album, or how often you've played it, but is your judgement final, already?

Forostar said:
Strange Death in Paradise and Space Race are also fine tracks and there are more.

Black Thunder, let's see what happens 10 years later. Some of us like the album more than when it came out... I am not sure how long you know this album, or how often you've played it, but is your judgement final, already?

Yes, I don't like the album at all.

I think Skukworks works better as an overall album, but Balls to Picasso has better individual songs.  Namely, Tears of the Dragon and Cyclops.

Still, I think the worst solo Bruce album by a considerable margin is Tattooed Millionaire followed by Tyranny of Souls.

Skunkworks and Balls < Tyranny of Souls by a lot. But I agree about Tattooed Millionaire.

BT_94, you should ust give it ne more OPEN-MINDED listen. It's not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination.

Back