Bruce Dickinson

It kind of fits the album title. But we didn't have an actual title track for the first time since 1996. I'm curious about that decision. Bruce should tell us.
Easy peasy. Because his intended title song landed on The Book of Souls. And because of that, I believe, Bruce's album was heavily reworked. It's a shame that Eternity Has Failed, you know.

I find Maidens sound fresh, authentic, live and true in a way. Unlike Priest so sounds to me like they just have to make music to get by. I mean Priest sounds good and great, but its not really alive. The music dont feel anything, not for me. Maiden feels alive. And Maiden sounds different. I like it.

I loved the way Senjutsu sounded.
Yes, the sound on Maiden's records is always great. The problem is the last live record of the band (and the live videos). Kevin Shirley is doing a great job on Maiden's albums, despite the fact that most of the fans are criticizing him. I love, as you do, the authentic and live sound of 21st century Iron Maiden.

Last edited:
While I have no issues with the video being cheesy, it is a bit distracting between the loud noises, subtitles I've got to read, and Bruce's voice too low in the mix. I listened to the non-video version of the song that was posted on Youtube and it, to me, sounds much better. I am still floored how good Bruce's higher register sounds. It's leagues beyond his work on Senjutsu which I already thought was a huge step up from Book of Souls.

£28.00!!!!

Blimey, that’s a bit pricey, but that would probably be the version I’ll buy.
Yeah, $32 U.S., plus tax and a whopping $22.50 for shipping. That's going a bit too far.

Hopefully, since they're apparently going to sell the special blue vinyl version through Walmart in the U.S., they will also make some of the deluxe CD version available through a U.S. retailer. I'm going to wait and hope, and if that doesn't pan out I'll just go with the regular old trifold CD.

I wouldn't mind a couple of those T-shirts either, but $35/shirt plus $10 postage (+$3 additional postage for each additional shirt) is also a bit silly.

If I have to rank Afterglow Of Ragnarok - I will give it a 7-8/10.

A proper instrumental section and a longer solo would have elevated the song massively (maybe a darker and more powerful/higher chorus too), while I also think Bruce could have come up with a better post-chorus. The song has a very memorable chorus, riff, pre-chorus, outro and even verses. I appreciate that. This is the same rank I gave The Writing On The Wall after the first listens iirc, but that changed later. With this one, I doubt it.

For me, the song is ''better'' (can fit) than some songs from AOB/TCW/TOS (at least 1).

Man, Bruce is going full Seventh Son with the concept in this one!

the pre-chorus/chorus is full Senjutsu Maiden, atleast to me.
Seventh Son and Senjutsu (especially the chorus), yes. The song ''Face In The Mirror'' is interesting then because it was written in 2022. It's 4 minutes long so let's hope for something like Days Of Future Past - but with a melodic passage.
Easy peasy. Because his intended title song landed on The Book of Souls. And because of that, I believe, Bruce's album was heavily reworked. It's a shame that Eternity Has Failed, you know.
Most likely.

It's good way to start the album, Im digging it so far.
Now listening to the b-side, the demo version of IESF..as my 7" ain't here yet I will listen to the song posted here.

Afterglow Of Ragnarok literally means aftermath of apocalypse. The protagonist (Necropolis?) is being called upon from an alternate dimension/future and is showed his world's fate (I'm basing all this without knowing anything about the comics). Man, Bruce is going full Seventh Son with the concept in this one!

Musicwise, a decent opener. The main riff got a good groove in it, the pre-chorus/chorus is full Senjutsu Maiden, atleast to me. But when the solo was about to begin, I expected something interesting but it ended abruptly... Actually I'm cool that they are putting so much effort in the videos (only the parts with Bruce on them are hilarious).

Bro you can imagine how some of his scenes (especially the coin toss) seem so bollywoody

I find Maidens sound fresh, authentic, live and true in a way. Unlike Priest so sounds to me like they just have to make music to get by. I mean Priest sounds good and great, but its not really alive. The music dont feel anything, not for me. Maiden feels alive. And Maiden sounds different. I like it.

I loved the way Senjutsu sounded.

So I’d say this that Priest are not nearly even 1/4th as good as Maiden when it comes to experimenting with music. Maiden experiment and they actually make solid stuff. Priest experimented with glam (Turbo & some bit of Ram it Down) and they now won’t experiment. They try to make every album like Painkiller and hence it’s boring listening to their stuff. Besides, their music isn’t as catchy as Maidens. Can’t blame them for not having Steve Harris in their band

bdvinyl.png

It seems the pictures that he used for the artwork he appears with the coat and glasses that he uses in Maiden's tour.

Have they confirmed the musician's who played on the album, are they the same as the live band? I am sure he liked having Tanya in the studio.....

Have they confirmed the musician's who played on the album, are they the same as the live band? I am sure he liked having Tanya in the studio.....

From what I’ve read, Roy played bass too along with guitars. Dave Moreno on drums and I think Mistheria on keyboards.

Back