IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Wow, BTATS out already? Really thought it's surviving for a couple more rounds at least...

WED
The Wicker Man
Rainmaker
TWOTW

Eliminated after Round 33:
Starblind - 11 votes
The Prisoner - 9 votes
The Clansman - 9 votes
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns - 9 votes
I thought Starblind would be in the game a lot longer. BTATS even more, great epic and unique song for the band. Maybe it was eliminated because of the repetition? Prisoner is a lost classic. Clansman is the bigger surprise of all. Blaze's vocals were a problem I guess?

I voted for:

The Number Of The Beast
Where Eagles Dare
If Eternity Should Fail

It's really difficult now.

Alex (the fact that Empire has 4 votes already and this has none other than me is absolutely absurd)
With so many amazing epics, I think there shouldn't be any surprises. And I don't think it's a surprise, Alexander is liked a lot. Empire too. The shorter songs have less chances.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 34:
The Number Of The Beast - 11 votes
The Wicker Man - 11 votes

Because it´s one of their best reunion era short rockers...IMO.
I would take the following over Rainmaker:

The Wicker Man
The Mercenary
The Fallen Angel
Gates of Tomorrow
New Frontier
Different World
The Pilgrim
Speed of Light
When the River Runs Deep
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown
Stratego
Days of Future Past

It’s a solid song but it’s not all that great. I wish they added another verse instead of repeating the chorus and pre-chorus so much.

Do people really think that The Writing on the Wall stacks up against the rest of these songs? I've been voting against it since the first Senjutsu round. Apart from the cool solo it has very little going on, imo.

Do people really think that The Writing on the Wall stacks up against the rest of these songs? I've been voting against it since the first Senjutsu round. Apart from the cool solo it has very little going on, imo.
Yeah, the solo is the best part about it. The main melody is kinda cool (though super similar to Village On The Sand by Blackmore's Night), but I'm not a big fan of the register Bruce chose to sing on it and the chorus is Steve-tier bad. Nice melody, but "Have you seen the writing on the wall? Have you seen that writing?" is insanely goofy in my opinion.

Back