Your Maiden blasphemy

After being a fan of this band for almost 30 years, I'm somewhat surprised that my top 10 includes 7 songs recorded since Bruce and Adrian's return. I would venture a guess that the majority of Maiden fans my age or older (46+) would have fewer than that, if any.

Which is sad. I think I like the last 4 albums more than almost every 80's album.

As do I. I have a few classic songs in my top 10, but only a few. Hallowed, FotD, and Powerslave. Then I have 2 Blaze songs and 5 new songs (Paschendale, Dream of Mirrors, Starblind, Brighter than a Thousand Suns, Brave New World)

I don't have a top 5 so I can't be that specific. I just know that if I did it would be dominated by the reunion albums.

taker64 said:
After being a fan of this band for almost 30 years, I'm somewhat surprised that my top 10 includes 7 songs recorded since Bruce and Adrian's return. I would venture a guess that the majority of Maiden fans my age or older (46+) would have fewer than that, if any.

Three years behind you Taker. I have four: Wild Wind, Paschendale, Starblind, Brave New World
These Colours Don't Run just missed in at 11.

I'm 9 years younger than your good self Taker and have been a fan for 25 years yet 5 reunion songs sit firmly in my top 10: Blood Brothers, These Colours Don't Run, The Longest Day, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and When the Wild Wind Blows.

The other 5 are Powerslave, Rime, Caught Somewhere in Time,Stranger in a Strange Land and The Evil That Men Do. 11 and 12 are For the Greater Good of God and Isle of Avalon.

I really like Judas Be My Guide :innocent:
Virtual XI rules
Invaders is one of the best tracks from NotB
AMOLAD doesn't do much for me
The Mercenary is one of my favs from BNW
Run to the Hills is my least favorite Maiden classic

Justinovitch said:
I really like Judas Be My Guide :innocent:
Virtual XI rules
Invaders is one of the best tracks from NotB
AMOLAD doesn't do much for me
The Mercenary is one of my favs from BNW
Run to the Hills is my least favorite Maiden classic

1. Me too.
2. Yes.
3. I don't think so.
4. Nope.
5. Nope.
6. Exactly.

Also, saying Virtual XI rules isn't a blasphemy.  ;)

latest (considered) blasphemy - DoD is a MUCH better album than BNW. Better all the way through. Higher highs and higher lows. BNW strikes me as them shaking the cobwebs off, DoD is them getting back to 80s form. Yep, I'm the main blasphemer on this forum :)

Chartwell said:
Yep, I'm the main blasphemer on this forum :)

I'm sorry, but that award goes to Hepulis (1st post of 8th page). ;)

Whose post is, I'm sorry for expressing myself this way, utter BS (no offence, but that's one helluva blasphemy you got there) :)

Black Thunder said:
I'm sorry, but that award goes to Hepulis (1st post of 8th page). ;)

Whose post is, I'm sorry for expressing myself this way, utter BS (no offence, but that's one helluva blasphemy you got there) :)

OK, you're right on that - utter bollocks. We may disagree on relative degrees of greatness, but Passchendale sucks and WWTB overrated and Revelations boring?  :mad:  :down:

Something in there for everyone to hate!

Chartwell said:
latest (considered) blasphemy - DoD is a MUCH better album than BNW. Better all the way through. Higher highs and higher lows. BNW strikes me as them shaking the cobwebs off, DoD is them getting back to 80s form. Yep, I'm the main blasphemer on this forum :)

I've always agreed with this.  I've actually never been terribly fond of BNW after the first 4 songs.  I like every reunion album significantly more than BNW.

I think Mother Russia is a better track than Starblind.
Really didn't like it when No Prayer for the Dying came out but I enjoy it a lot more these days. Maybe in 2031 it will be a different story.

I think the X factor is one of the best metal albums ever. Hallowed Be Thy Name is not in my top 10. I think 22 Acacia Avenue is probably the worst on NOB. I think BNW(the song), Ghost of the Navigator and The Legacy are very overrated.

edge of darkness said:
I think the X factor is one of the best metal albums ever.
Although I don't like it as much, I know many people on this board love it. I know it's one of Perun's favorite albums.

edge of darkness said:
I think BNW(the song), Ghost of the Navigator and The Legacy are very overrated.

Hear hear! If Ghost of the Navigator had a better chorus I would swoon for it, but I just won't count the cost!

It's just one of those songs that I've tried many times, but has never really clicked for me. Songs can really take a while to grow on me. For example WTWWB finally clicked for me a few days ago.

Back