Your Maiden blasphemy

edge of darkness said:
It's just one of those songs that I've tried many times, but has never really clicked for me. Songs can really take a while to grow on me. For example WTWWB finally clicked for me a few days ago.

Again I say hear hear. WTWWB clicked immediately, but I think GOTN is never going to click for me. Something about all of BNW is a bit off for me, with only the Wicker Man, Dream of Mirrors, and Thin Line as absolute must-haves, IMO. Title track is pretty good too. But GOTN promises and doesn't deliver. I continue to await its delivery.

It took awhile for me to get into also.(The album that is,always loved GOTN) I don't throw it on often but there is some incredible songs on there.

Brave New World is my 5th fave album of all-time, (3rd fave Maiden album). Its pretty much perfect! Allthough I agree, GOTN's chorus is the weakest part and TBH one of the weakest on the album.

Albums of all-time?

5. BNW
4. AMOLAD
3. powerslave
Tie for 1: Painkiller/Images and Words (it fluctuates, with I&W being slightly preferrable atm)

Interesting list, didn't think it would be dominated by Maiden. I love Painkiller.

Yeah, although the only other Maiden album in my top 10 is PoM, with SiT and TFF being in the top 20 :)

Still a lot of music out there for me to hear though!

Black Thunder said:
I'm sorry, but that award goes to Hepulis (1st post of 8th page). ;)

Wow, thank you  ;) I'm flattered  :smartarse:

But 99,9 % of people here think I'm a troll... :( (thanks for my the epic user rating...)

To everybodys' surprise, I started to listen the songs I listed again, over and over and over... The biggest stunner was Paschendale, after listening to it about 7 times I realised how could I have hated that song  :eek: It's brilliant!  :wub: And I don't hate Starblind anymore, I find it an OK song now (I think there are no mind blowing songs on TFF).

But, I still find Virtual XI better than The X Factor.. Yes, there are 2 Maiden's worst-class songs (Angel and Stranger) but the rest if the album is pretty good. Clansman is a brilliant masterpiece, Futureal is a proper rocker, Educated Fool is a heavily underrated song and When Two Worlds Collide & Lightning Strikes Twice are very good songs. I just cannot handle the dark mood in The X Factor. It could work on a gloomy winter night. Maybe.

I found a poll about this subject here but it's a couple of years old: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=18561.0  But how many people here prefer VXI to TXF nowadays?

I generally prefer VXI for nostalgic reasons, though I think The X Factor is a better album, Virtual XI means more to me.

Also, I really do like The Angel and the Gambler. It's such a good groovy song, dangerous to drive to.

Wow, I think Ghost of the Navigator is one of the best reunion era songs and easily my favorite off BNW (which overall I find frustratingly weak).

I would much rather see Dream Theater on this year's summer tour than Iron Maiden. (And that will be the case.)

I would much rather see Iced Earth on this year's summer tour than Iron Maiden. (But I won't see any of them.)

(I used Ranko's post as a template :D)

Ranko said:
I would much rather see Dream Theater on this year's summer tour than Iron Maiden. (And that will be the case.)
I'm still awaiting their U.S. tour announcement.  :shred:

I'd rather watch paint dry on growing grass than to ever have to see Dream Theater ever again.  Godawful live band. 

:( That was an amazing live show they put on. I don't know what band you saw.

Mosh said:
:( That was an amazing live show they put on. I don't know what band you saw.

Different strokes for different folks.  Their live show sums up my problem with that band in general- technical chops to die for but no feeling or raw emotion whatsoever.

Bringing this back on topic, I think my favorite 2000 era album opener may be Different World.  What an amazing chorus!

Donner said:
Different strokes for different folks.  Their live show sums up my problem with that band in general- technical chops to die for but no feeling or raw emotion whatsoever.
Well you're missing out.

Mosh said:
Well you're missing out.

I'm not missing out if I've tried getting into them for 10-15 years now to no avail and have seen them numerous times live that left no real impression.  I can't like everything haha.

Back