You know you're bored at work when.....

Albie said:
....some hard working bod from finance comes down to query a bill she is stressing over and noticing that there is nothing remotely work related on my computer screen.

People are always telling me "you really should have something up rather than a blank desktop"

The problem I have is that my desk faces the wall and the door to where I sit is behind me, so anyone that comes into my work area can immediately see my screen. I can only minimise the odd window before it becomes blatantly obvious that I'm not doing any work. Yes, I can use the 'view desktop' but I do have work related stuff behind my un-work related stuff.

Albie said:
The problem I have is that my desk faces the wall and the door to where I sit is behind me, so anyone that comes into my work area can immediately see my screen. I can only minimise the odd window before it becomes blatantly obvious that I'm not doing any work. Yes, I can use the 'view desktop' but I do have work related stuff behind my un-work related stuff.

I'm in exactly the same position, with back to the door. Except since all non-work internet usage has been banned, I've not had any incriminating windows to hide.  :(

Uhm...

Albie said:
I'm serious - that did happen.

Yeah... I kind figured that...  ;)

(See how nice I was..? I was tempted to say something like "buy new batteries for your sarcasm detector"...  :bigsmile: however, I did trick you into reading this line with only a smileyface...)

When you have copied every “Listen with Nicko“ onto your Walkman/IPod, and you are learning all the words with Nicko’s accent.

Or when you are troubleshooting with computer, and the SW you’re working with hangs itself because you need a Java update (yes, it happened today!)

I cracked up reading through it again. Not much use during quarantine, filling my time with YouTube, Netflix and videogames.

Last edited:
...you're logged into Maidenfans first thing on a morning in a vain attempt to put off thinking about impending work...

Back