Yet ANOTHER best of - From Fear To Eternity

Most people on the forum would, but remember, this is aimed at new fans. Actually looking at the 00's song selections... this comp is just a mess :huh:

personally from npftd i value those more tongue in cheeck songs, it explored a more fun side that always makes me smile (imagining bruce in that field  ::))      i dont mind the lineup of this compilation except they could have been a bit less obvious, maybe chucked in some surprise bayley recordings (or any for that matter) and included from here to eternity as it is the releases namesake!!!  and another 'fun' song
    + the dance of death should've been live version cause it kicks ass...            hmmm, ok it is pretty poor but what the hell ive pre-ordered it  :lol:   

Stallion Duck said:
That's not on there? WTF?
My point exactly, now im gunna keep picking it up, 'oh ill listen to...  oh!'  and theres songs on there that could have been replaced easily by FHTE (i quite like it) hell aint a bad place.    I mean theres decent songs on there but it doesnt seem like theres much thought gone in.    As long as the booklet is quality like SBIT i should be ok  ::) plus i couldnt have a gap in my CD collection.
That reminds me, i need to fin a real live/dead one  <_<

I don't like FHTE at all. But to name a disc after it and then not include it. That's just plain ignorance.

Just got an email  that this was up for pre-order(I pre-ordered the LP set, amazon has it for $27, pretty good price, less than Somewhere Back in Time Was)

You can go on IronMaiden.com and download RoBB and Wickerman ... for free (guessing everyone here already has them).

The complilation is called "From FEAR to Eternity". There is no Iron Maiden song with that title. If it was called From HERE to Eternity I could understand the gripes. Also, No Prayer for the Dying came out before FEAR of the Dark. So it's not really from Fear (of the Dark) on. Nothing makes sense about this comp.

I agree it is not as good (packaging and title-wise) as SBIT, but I think the Eternity part fits with the them of TFF, but yeah they are starting one album too late.  I'm not sure what a better title would have been, but I am not overly concerned about it.

Yea, it's the music that counts right? I do think that they should've included the song they named the comp after though.

At this point the only, ONLY way I'd get this is if it comes with a super sweet booklet of unreleased pics and stuff.  Otherwise no interest.

Yea were is the big influx of people waiting for a leak?

Donner said:
At this point the only, ONLY way I'd get this is if it comes with a super sweet booklet of unreleased pics and stuff.  Otherwise no interest.

I really do not collect much as a hobby, buy Maiden records are one thing I do, I want one of everything released (some I doubt I will be willing/able to buy at the prices they go for), I'll buy this for completions sake if nothing else.  It would have been nice if they put something "new" on it (an unreleased live song or two from that era for example).

bearfan said:
It would have been nice if they put something "new" on it (an unreleased live song or two from that era for example).

I wholeheartedly agree with this last part. I know they seem to be hesitant on giving us an official CD or DVD from the AMOLAD tour, but even to throw a live version of some of those album's tracks on this CD definitely would have made me pick it up. These Colours Don't Run and Ben Breeg were awesome live last summer, and For The Greater Good of God is one of my all time Maiden favourites.

Man on the Edge live is kind of "something new". As far as I know it was only on The Wickerman b-side. So that's something?

I agree, a couple of unique songs would have compelled me to buy it. As it stands now, I haven't even bothered to make a playlist of these songs.

They probably should have titled this comp No Prayer For The Final Frontier or something like that...

I agree From Fear To Eternity is a little odd given the period the disc covers.

As for the song "From Here To Eternity" not appearing on the album, it's really not a great deal different to the Somewhere Back In Time comp, where the track "Somewhere In Time" did not appear either.  Yes, I know "SIT" was not a single, but it's still a popular song amongst many fans. 

Yes, but songs from that album were included. From Here To Eternity is not an album. It's a song.

Back