Worst Single Lyric/Line

For me it's the 1st ever line off the 1st song off the 1st album, Prowler.

"Walking through the city, looking oh so pretty"

When you consider the originality that Maiden came out with after this, it's hard to even fathom that yes, that really was Iron Maiden.

It is kinda weird that this is the first line in the very long line of lines (lol) that come after it in every album after it.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Drifter yet. The thought of Paul Di'anno saying,"I'm gonna cuddle up with you tonight," to anyone does not make me feel so secure in any way.

Runner up is the prancing bit in DoD.

valacirca said:
"They brought it up just like room service..." is another one that sounds very oddly placed... <_<

It's a direct quote from the movie though, just like most other lines from that song.

I thought the lyrics from that song were amazing.  Was saddened to learn how much of it was directly quoted from the movie.

I absolutely love "Alexander the Great," and all of the subsequent awesome history lesson, but when Bruce busts out

"By the Aegean Sea, In 334 BC, He utterly beat the armies of Persia"

I just have to laugh, because it is so so damn epic.

Wyrdskein said:
It has to be:

"the day they both mistook an earthquake for the fallout"

It sounds bad if the lyric is taken literally.  But within the context of the song, it makes sense.

"When you entertain your men don't you know the risk of getting disease".

I wouldn't expect to hear what sounds like advice from a doctor in a rock song.

Genghis Khan said:
It sounds bad if the lyric is taken literally.  But within the context of the song, it makes sense.

the way the line is sung doesn't help. It's just awkward. The album as a whole isn't that strong lyrically, but it definitely falls away after Starblind. The last three are very weak in my opinion.

Wyrdskein said:
the way the line is sung doesn't help. It's just awkward. The album as a whole isn't that strong lyrically, but it definitely falls away after Starblind. The last three are very weak in my opinion.

We'll agree to disagree.  I love the whole album.  The Talisman is a better version of Ghost of the Navigator and When the Wild Wild Blows is a great song, too.

"Well Charlotte your drawers are off colour too,
Cause you're makin' love all day."

Poor laundry skills I guess. Somebody should tell the poor girl about Tide...

taker64 said:
"Well Charlotte your drawers are off colour too,
Cause you're makin' love all day."

Poor laundry skills I guess. Somebody should tell the poor girl about Tide...

It's draws I think, and it makes sense.

mtmccox said:
It's draws I think, and it makes sense.

What would it mean if it was draws?

I'm pretty sure it's drawers (just in case you're in any doubt, it's pronounced the same as draws and means her knickers, not a piece of furniture or people who draw pictures).

Now I don't know, but when I google dem lyrics it's draws everywhere.

Like when you have a painting on sunlight for a long time and the colors go away.
Well woman body changes and "wears of" when she is whoring around so i assume it's a metaphore.

Better watch out, cause I'm the assassin

It's just...stupid. And if he's really an assassin, why is he warning people? :p

Back