Words only found in one Maiden song.

And do the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy elsewhere?

I thought I'd go looking for carnage in Invaders. I didn't find it, but I found some others that I doubt are found elsewhere:

• Norsemen
  • Longboats
  • Marauding
  • Nordic

What about Infinite, does it exist in any other song than the one which begins with it? By the way, I thing suffocation is also not found elsewhere.

Let's make it more interesting and turn things round a bit:
What if I say that every song written by Maiden has at least one unique word in its lyrics.
Who will be the first to dispute this?

(In other words: let's see if this is correct and if it is not correct, let's see how many songs are not "original" in their choice of words:) )

I would assume that every song had a unique word but that would take some serious research. Let's take the first album: Prowler certainly has such words and so does Sanctuary. Are "unchain", "flickers" and "remembrance" unique for Remember Tomorrow?

Moving on - Running Free has pickup truck and L.A., Phantom is obvious, Strange World has plasma, Charlotte has arse, Iron Maiden was already discussed.

And something else - if we are going to go deeper on the topic, what do we do with the different forms of a word and its derivatives? For example, is "unchain" the same as the Chains of Misery?

Let's go through this hypothesis systematically and see how long it holds up. I'm putting words that I'm not sure about in italics.

Prowler: Ladies, flashing, lashes, bushes, reeling.
Sanctuary: Winter, sanctuary, canyon.
Remember Tomorrow: Unchain, scan, horizon, clouds, flicker
Running Free: Sixteen, pickup truck, LA, jail, whisky, disco.
Phantom of the Opera: Grasp, mask, curtain, scratch, maul, mesmerising, narrow, phantom, opera, taunt.
Charlotte the Harlot: Swish, arse, remorse, fiver, main course.
Iron Maiden: Wares, pour.

Wrathchild: Angriness, dominance, persecution, destination, wrathchild.
Murders in the Rue Morgue: Strolling, Paris, piercing, butchered, rue, morgue, vite, gendarmes, French, France, south, Italy.
Another Life: Hypothesis disproved.

QED.

Still looking, but I have two corrections to make so far: I missed Strange World, which includes plasma; and I found that phantoms appear in The Talisman.

Do the bittersweet reflections in Coming Home count?

Never mind. Opera is still unique, right?

Bittersweet is unique, I guess. But Coming Home has Albion, anyway.

Hmm, I have surprisingly not been able to locate another mention of sweet so far. I guess Foro's hypothesis is still in the race. I can't think of another context for opera, though.

I guess, You can kiss your ass goodbye counts. I forgot about that, because it's one of the worst lines in their discography.

Killing fields, grinding wheels, crushed by the equilibrium.

Back