Who's in for some more Maiden Cabaret?

And the upside of it: If this debacle really would happen, then at least they would break a world record, which could officially go into the Guinness Book of World Records as the following achievement: The Tour that Remains the Same.

Maiden could become the first band playing concerts with the same setlist in a period of no less than three years.

Roger Waters has been playing exclusively The Wall album for 4 years (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013).

Quite a big topic! I only posted about asking what Foro meant by 'Maiden Cabaret' and there's two pages already. :blink: I'm out of this topic.

Ok, I lied abit... My only 2 cents is I really don't care what next years tour would be if I get to see them. They could do a whole set of Broadway show tune covers and I'd still go see them. I guess that's not the whole point of this topic but it's like, what does it matter what they play? People are going to go see them regardless. Whether they play Maiden England again or 90's material or classics or whatever. I would love a new album and tour and I can't wait for that but as we all know, that's not happening next year so whatever does happen, happens and I'll still go see them no matter what....if they come around to me or the US at all.

I don't agree with all the nuances, but I strongly agree with Foro's basic point: stretching the same tour over a three- year period is not what a vibrant, living creative artistic force does; it's evidence of routine, somebody just doing their job.

I expect more because the first ten years of this decade taught me to expect more. The greatest band in the world should not be resting on its laurels, especially with retirement looming on the horizon.

Maybe expecting another album the calibre of TFF is just the fan base fooling itself.
Maybe we're fools expecting another album at all.

:yawn:

Quite a big topic! I only posted about asking what Foro meant by 'Maiden Cabaret' and there's two pages already. :blink: I'm out of this topic.

Ok, I lied abit... My only 2 cents is I really don't care what next years tour would be if I get to see them. They could do a whole set of Broadway show tune covers and I'd still go see them. I guess that's not the whole point of this topic but it's like, what does it matter what they play? People are going to go see them regardless. Whether they play Maiden England again or 90's material or classics or whatever. I would love a new album and tour and I can't wait for that but as we all know, that's not happening next year so whatever does happen, happens and I'll still go see them no matter what....if they come around to me or the US at all.
Pretty much this, and I've seen them 4 times. It might get tiresome if you've seen them multiple times on every tour, but it's always a treat when they are in my area, regardless of the setlist. They change it up enough that I get to see something different every time too. I'm just happy they are still around.

1. I'm with @Night Prowler all the way. I'll take what I can get. New album? Great. Another tour? Great. Would I prefer a different tour? Sure. Did I even get to see the Maiden England tour in either of its incarnations so far? No. Should I just shut the hell up? Yes.

2. NO ONE has explicitly stated that Maiden is going to tour again next year, NOR that if they did, it would be the same tour! Everything we're getting up in arms about is conjecture and rumor-mill stirring. Before we freak out about Maiden becoming the next Alice Cooper, let's wait for some real news from the band themselves...

3. What's that? Dave Murray says they have NO plans for next year yet? Huh.

I'm gonna go open a pint of Trooper, blast any one of the awesome live albums they've released, and enjoy everything that Maiden throws my way.

I feel like we're taking extreme sides here. It doesn't have to be cabaret or new album, there is a middle ground.
My personal view is that they have done more than enough with Maiden England - tours, DVDs, Rock in Rio, Download... Besides, apart from three or four songs that were a surprise, the rest have been constantly present on their set for years, so it gets a bit boring. I'd love to see them touring next year and even in 2015 but only if they change the setlist. 90's material, 2000s material - anything.
Discussing whether we prefer that to a new album is pointless, I doubt there is anyone here who'd trade new songs for another rendition of Running Free. And just for the record, I love this song.

Night Prwoler: that's interesting, thanks. I'll need to check the setlists from these tours.
It's ok. My first post was kind of ignored too. Though Ranko did help answer my question a bit...
No. I explained with the use of videos what I meant. Demigod, if you like you can tell me how that post which contains videos disregards your post.
Any questions left? I don't mind going more into it when I am back from work.
Ariana: I am strongly hoping for that middle ground. But:
I don't agree with all the nuances, but I strongly agree with Foro's basic point: stretching the same tour over a three- year period is not what a vibrant, living creative artistic force does; it's evidence of routine, somebody just doing their job.

I expect more because the first ten years of this decade taught me to expect more. The greatest band in the world should not be resting on its laurels, especially with retirement looming on the horizon.

Maybe expecting another album the calibre of TFF is just the fan base fooling itself.
Maybe we're fools expecting another album at all.
This sums up my feelings as well. And I care enough about this to start a topic about it.
What a timing! :)

Last edited:
Knowing the way Maiden prepare stage productions, there is no way they can make any dramatic changes for next year. So that middle ground seems more like wishful thinking. I really hope they have other things planned for next year.
Having said that, if they play a Maiden England gig here next year, I'd be the first in line.

Are we really getting worked up about something that has not been announced, nor even hinted at, the likelihood of which we have no information about, not even a vague clue that allows an educated guess? In other words, are we literally getting worked up about nothing in this thread?

Is really good to see maiden revisit old songs if you are preparing the retire its great to show all your great old tours to the world again.

I think the main program was been set years ago,they now they would do historic tours and a few albums,because thats the way they think they should end.

Wow. A thread about nothing. There's so many variables here, but taking a very successful tour to new locations isn't the definition of cabaret act.

I, for one, will not postulate that a third year of the Maiden England tour turns Iron Maiden into a cabaret act. I will, however, say this: if you don't want to see another performance of Maiden England and that's what they do? Don't go. Vote with your wallet.

If this ME tour goes on into 2014 then it wont be all year and there wont be dates in Europe/USA, if there is then its 100% there will be variations. Even though its been a 2 year tour, theres been 10 less dates that the SBIT. Maybe what we will see is Maiden England headlines Soundwave festival in Australia, goes over to the asian countries and maybe does a country theyve never played before South Africa maybe or China. Would i be bothered? Not really, its either Maiden doesnt do a tour for a year or Maiden tours countries where other Maiden fans never got to see. Just because most of us have seen this tour doesnt mean they shouldnt go to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand etc just because this tour has been going on for 2 years. Like i said before its either 2014 off or a early tour covering the places they havent been. That is if the tour is ME. Maybe theyl just play songs from 2000s again with only Iron Maiden not being from that period.

The point is we have no idea what the next tour is going to be, when its going to be or where its going to cover. Does it mean its a cabaret act? No it just means they realize they have a huge fan base and they are getting on a bit so cant do everywhere in one year. Maiden are far from being like Metallica who've toured every single year for the past 5 years and soon to be 6 years if Lars and Truijlo are right and not even enter a studio. And yet no one links them with being a Cabaret act or having Cabaret tours, none of the press or fans say is this just another Cabaret tour. Even though its touring the same material but vary the set with the same material. The history tours arent Cabaret tours, its giving people the chance to relive periods they either forgot, werent there for or loved. Then they follow it up with a tour which plays mainly new stuff, so what if this ME tour goes on into 2014 either way in 2015 we will be hearing songs from BNW, DoD, AMOLAD and TFF, as well as the new album. Maiden can tour next year with ME because there's many places they havent toured. Theres been just 80 dates for this tour, and only 3 continents played. Theres still Asia and Oceania to play, which if they do play wont be another long summer tour, itl be early on and leave the rest of the year to rest up and write new stuff.

Is it band lacking creativity? No far from it. It a band who know their physical limits, they know they cant 90 dates in one year anymore thats why Ed Force One wont be coming back. Should Maiden miss out Asia and Oceania for people who say they lack creativity? No they should play to the fans who didnt get a date, as this was a cracking tour. We all know Maiden WILL be realeasing a new album every one involved in Maiden has said YES. Too much has been put into the fact they may tour next year, we dont know what the tour is. If it is ME then let it happen, because there are places in the world where millions of Maiden fans never got to see this tour.

Last edited:
Back