Who is the GREATEST Band of all time

Alright, just so everyone knows:
This member's behavior has been noted by the mod squad.
So just lay off him already; if action needs to be taken, the mods are on the case.

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+May 29 2005, 02:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ May 29 2005, 02:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] What!?! Are you saying Iron Maiden HAS to be my favorite band for me to come here!?! You can be a 'Maiden Fan' without it being your favorite band! To tell you the truth, when it comes to heavy metal these are my top 10 albums

(1)Heaven And Hell
(2)The Mob Rules
(3)Screaming For Vengeance
(4)Defenders Of The Faith
(5)British Steel
(6)...And Justice For All
(7)Master Of Puppets
(8)Ride The Lightning
(9)Kill 'Em All
(10)Live Evil

The 80's were a Golden Age for HEAVY METAL IN GENERAL, not just for Iron Maiden. IM are my 4th favorite band though.
[snapback]106202[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Add Powerslave to your list.

I agree with Maiden Guitarist.. anyways here are my top ten:

1 Iron Maiden
2 Manowar
3 Turbonegro(wich is not heavy metal)
4 Queen
5 Black Sabbath
6 Falconer
7 Children Of Bodom (wich is more speed meetal i guess)
8 Avantasia
9 Guns `N Roses
10 The Who

this list is not just metal..and i know it..but this are the bands i like to listen to

Has Avantasia aka Tobias Sammet released anything else besides his metal opera? Vol. II is... ok, I haven't heard pt. I but I'll get it eventually

Tobias Sammet is in Edguy. If you liked Avantasia, you'll surely enjoy them as well. I recommend the new(est) album "Hellfire Club".

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+May 31 2005, 09:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ May 31 2005, 09:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Tobias Sammet is in Edguy. If you liked Avantasia, you'll surely enjoy them as well. I recommend the new(est) album "Hellfire Club".
[snapback]106573[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm a sucker for Theater of Salvation [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

and to answer the first question: no, only the two parts of the opera have been released. I think I read something about a new album being planned, but I'm not sure.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+May 31 2005, 04:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ May 31 2005, 04:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Add Powerslave to your list.
[snapback]106552[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Oh yeah. That's number one on my list. Followed by Master of Puppets and Beethovan's Last Night.

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+Jun 1 2005, 09:03 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ Jun 1 2005, 09:03 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]and to answer the first question: no, only the two parts of the opera have been released. I think I read something about a new album being planned, but I'm not sure.
[snapback]106641[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Oh I know that there are only two parts to the opera. However I was wondering if he had released anything else under the name "Avantasia"

Favourite bands:
1. Iron Maiden
2. Iced Earth
3. Bruce Dickinson
4. [span style=\'color:red\']B L A Z E[/span]
5. Blind Guardian
6. Queen
7. Black Sabbath
8. Stratovarius
9. Metallica
10. Savatage

Da Best of Da Best (favorties):

1. Iron Maiden
2. The Cure
3. Dream Theater
4. New Order
5. Blind Guardian
6. AC/DC
7. Judas Priest
8. Ramones
9. The Misfits
10. Metallica

the best and all the rest

1.iron maiden
2.ac/dc
3.judas priest
4.nightwish
5.black sabbath
6.dio
7.manowar
8.helloween
9.saxon
10.virgin steele

1) IRON MAIDEN
2) Opeth
3) Ozzy Osbourne
4) Dream Theater
5) B L A Z E
6) Black Sabbath
7) Bruce Dickinson
8) Susperia
9) Deep Purple
10) Led Zeppelin

MAIDEN
sabbath
children of bodom
are ma fave bands, [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Malajube is the best band ever [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Iron Maiden are byfar the greatest band on my agenda, but I like different types as much as well, and in my mind. Weezer is an excellent band. Rivers Cuomo is a song-writing god, even if it involves him throwing his life into the public through emotion.

So Weezer is one of the greatest bands of all time.

I only have 2 favorite bands judas priest and IRON MAIDEN!!!

I basically listen to IM every day and it is also about the only thing I listen to.

overall......Maiden wins!!!

Hmmmm Its Hard...Im In A Few Bands...Be It Neoclassical, Power Or Whatever, All 3 Are Different Bands...But Anyway, Bands Which Have Influenced What I Play Are The Greatest IMO...Thats Like Gamma Ray, Early Helloween, Malmsteen, Man0waR, Iron Maiden Etc...But Im Not Ignorent, I Know There Are Bands Which Are Bigger And "Greater" Even If I Dont Like Them

Bands Like
_________

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Queen
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Who

These Bands Are Probably The Biggest Bands Ever...People Who Dont Like Rock Should Still Know Who They Are...

But They Have In No Way Influenced My Music So They Arent My Greatest...Hope You Understand What Im Trying To Say

I understand perfectly, while I wouldn't place The Rolling Stones in the same list as those bands you are right.

Back