2. Ritchie Blackmore
2. Adrian Smith
4. Jimmy Page
5. Undecided, probably John Petrucci

1. Adrian Smith
2. Dave Murray
3. Andy LaRocque (King Diamond)
4. John Frusciante
5. Joseph Tawadros (plays the oud...so if that doesn't count I'll take James Hetfield for his riffs)

1. Dave Murray
2. Angus Young
3. Joe Satriani
4. Adrian Smith
5. James Hetfield (because he's an incredible rythm guitarist, he makes rythm bold and interesting; and because he holds the pick with his thumb and first two fingers, which I like to do)

This thread needs more Tony Iommi!

Andy LaRoque is awesome, didn't he play for Death for a while too?

First, it's 5 guys, not seven.
Second, your post is in direct violation with laws of Church of H. Action pending.

Journeyman666 said:
1.Marty Friedman
2.Janick Gers
3.Dimebag Darrell
4.Dave Mustaine
5.Dave Murray
6.Jimi Hendrix
7.Angus Young

Dude. No H?  :blink: is that... possible    does not compute
Wheres the minister when we need him
1. Adrian (H) Smith
2. Tony (Everything i touch turns to gold) Iommi
3. Dave (Grin) Murray
4. Jesper Stromblad
5. Andre Olbrich

Went to see Jeff Beck in a 1000 seat venue on Saturday night... great seats (7th row centre). This man is beyond amazing... any of you who aren't familiar with any of his considerable catalogue need to do yourselves a favour and turn yourselves on to some of his stuff. He's like some sort of sorcerer... I've never heard or seen anyone play like he does... magical.

As we were leaving the theatre, my buddy, who is a very talented musician, turned to me and said "Well, I guess we'd better go home and set fire to our guitars..." :lol:

Jeff Beck deserves to be on everybody's Top 5 list...

Totally depends on what I'm deciding on... ability, influence on me, compositions (or more accurately, are they present on a song i love).

Influence wise my first big one was Angus Young due to the sheer energy... but as I got further into music it faded. So, influence:

Slash
H
Glenn Tipton
Tony Iommi
Rudolf Schenker (I know he's the rhythm but still!)

Ability, blergh I can't choose tbh. Players like Michael Angelo Batio are very skilled (insane solo's on 2 guitars at once..) but are kinda muppets. So I'll skip that.

Personal favourites? well.. that's pretty much the same as influences. I'll finish this post before I start trying to choose between the several thousand ones.... Mick Mars, Gary Moore, Joe Perry, Michael Schenker, DJ Ashba, Mustaine, Billy Gibbons stuff is always helluva fun to play. List goes on (and on and on and on)

bobbyf said:
In addition to H and Dave...

Uli Jon Roth
Nuno Bettancourt
Kendall Bechtel
Davey French
Randy Rhoads
Nice to see  another Nuno fan! :)

Do you listen to his solo stuff or just with Extreme?

Back