What's Your Least Favorite Maiden Song?

Dance Of Dead (The Song, not the album) - and all with Blaze!

Yeah, The Angel and the Gambler is a bit weak, really repetitive. But I like most of the rest of the album. Twilight Zone is pretty cool IMO; different sounding for sure. Like Quest and Loneliness too, though they're certainly not the best in Maiden's repetoire.

[!--QuoteBegin-Robbiedbee+Sep 13 2003, 04:57 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Robbiedbee @ Sep 13 2003, 04:57 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I liked When Two Worlds Collide.

My least favourite would be the slow song on Killers, the name escapes me, and Strange World. [/quote]
The slow track off killers is prodigal son- not strange world (that ones off Iron Maiden), both of which, i personally like quite alot.

Least favourite songs would be Gangland, Weekend Warrior and The Mercenary.

I'm also one of the freaks that thinks the 2 albums done with Blaze singing are as good as the Dianno albums. Different styles but both good, just not as good as the rest.

I used to really dislike 'The Apparition', but since I've heard 'Gates Of Tomorrow', I've changed my mind! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-epac+Sep 14 2003, 10:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(epac @ Sep 14 2003, 10:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Almost anything off of "X-Factor" or "Virtual XI"...and let's face it, most of the songs from "Fear of the Dark" (except Be Quick) are shit too...
--------
"Twilight Zone", "Quest for Fire" + "Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner" were never the greatest songs either. [/quote]
And what about Afraid to shoot stranger [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Sep 15 2003, 02:46 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Sep 15 2003, 02:46 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I used to really dislike 'The Apparition', but since I've heard 'Gates Of Tomorrow', I've changed my mind!  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
But if I'm not mistaken you gave The Apparition 1,5 stars and Gates of Tomorrow 2...

But your absolutely right. Gates of Tomorrow is Maiden at their very high lowest level... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The stars are a subjective measurement more of my mood at the time I gave the marks to the song than of the quality of the song itself...

Btw, I had to make a "00star" gif for Metallica's St. Anger album. I'd never needed one before! This will appear in my new "Other Bands" page when I get the time to post it [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Sep 15 2003, 03:57 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Sep 15 2003, 03:57 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The stars are a subjective measurement more of my mood at the time I gave the marks to the song than of the quality of the song itself...

Btw, I had to make a "00star" gif for Metallica's St. Anger album.  I'd never needed one before! This will appear in my new "Other Bands" page when I get the time to post it  [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
New section coming up? That sounds nice... [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Not really a new section, but an improved version of an old page. The new section that'll come up will be the one with new bands that are not yet known. There'll be Adeslave (belgium), Conquestador (Holland), Godiva (Switzerland), or Overstep (France, just to name a few [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Some songs on x-factor are realy bad, and on virtual XI to. But there's always some song on each album thats not realy fits with the rest songs, but almost every maiden song is a good song!

But i agree with Maverick, the whole st:anger is a bad production, the old metallica rocked, but now it's just not good anymore. Not a single solo on the whole st:anger album [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Sep 15 2003, 04:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Sep 15 2003, 04:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Not really a new section, but an improved version of an old page.  The new section that'll come up will be the one with new bands that are not yet known.  There'll be Adeslave (belgium), Conquestador (Holland), Godiva (Switzerland), or Overstep (France, just to name a few  [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Ok. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hmm...

Invaders!
The verse is bloody brilliant but the chorus just sucks too badly to redeem it.

Sun and steel I think is a little crap as well. I know lots of people don't think so.

I agree with whoever mentioned Gangland. It's just a little boring.

From here to eternity is great! I love palying the short solo at the beginning! The ascending scale-type thing..

I have to say that I've not listened to many of maiden's albums since I left the band, but I bumped into H not long before he rejoined the band and he told me that I had to hear Virtual Eleven because he said it was utter shit. So after a few drinks I bought the CD and we went round to Clive's (Burr) house to give it a listen. We pissed ourselves all afternoon. It was fucking shit. Especially that one with those keyboard stabs. What were they thinking? I think old 'arry must have lost the plot for a while. And Clive and H thought that it wasn't even Nicko McBrain playing the drums. Whatever next?

Alright Maverick, if you don't believe who I am, come down the Cart and Horses in Stratford, tonight, and I'll tell you who I fucking am.

[!--QuoteBegin-Paul Di'anno+Sep 16 2003, 06:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Paul Di'anno @ Sep 16 2003, 06:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Alright Maverick, if you don't believe who I am, come down the Cart and Horses in Stratford, tonight, and I'll tell you who I fucking am. [/quote]
Not going to the Ruskin anymore? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I love Invaders...

Sun and Steel I'm not to keen on, though my Japanese History prof loves it (wonder why?).

Back