Those that have been to 10 or more Maiden gigs

I've been to over 40 but nothing will top New York 1999 at Hammerstein Ballroom right after the Bruce reunion. I hung in there seeing them through the Blaze years live in tiny little places like the Birch Hill in Jersey and I never thought we'd get to see Bruce back with Maiden again. Pretty sure I wept openly a few times. Also a great set list (Phantom and Stranger in the same set?!)

I've been to over 40 but nothing will top New York 1999 at Hammerstein Ballroom right after the Bruce reunion. I hung in there seeing them through the Blaze years live in tiny little places like the Birch Hill in Jersey and I never thought we'd get to see Bruce back with Maiden again. Pretty sure I wept openly a few times. Also a great set list (Phantom and Stranger in the same set?!)

Its amazing how emotional i get too. I feel myself welling up at a Maiden gig when they hit the stage

Last edited:
Sod it. I’ve been to 9 gigs and I’m contributing.

1. Legacy of the Beast 2008 at the O2. First night. Although the 2022 LOTB tour was good, this was ridiculously good. The set list was perfect, Bruce sung really well and I got to hear The Clansman, Sign of the Cross and Flight of Icarus for the first time. To echo @GhostofCain, belting the chorus to Icarus was a personal highlight.

2. Book of Souls O2 First Night. It’s not my favourite reunion album but the tour was very special for obvious reasons. The Red and the Black and Book of Souls were glorious live.

3. Reading Festival 2005. My first Maiden gig and what a set list! Probably their most ballsy set list of the 21st century (ok, maybe tied with the tour the following year…). I can still remember Bruce shouting ‘Let’s go jumping!’ during Phantom. As a 16 year old who had just finished his GCSEs, I was in heaven. And then I went to pick up ‘Death on the Road’ the next day.

Honourable mentions

Ears Court 2006 first night. Running back across Waterloo bridge to catch the last train home. The gig was delayed due to the backstage fire. And to top it off, I got the ‘Different World’ single in the post the following day. A great Christmas present.

Future Past O2 first night. CSIT, Stranger, WOTW, Alexander and Hell on Earth. Just perfect.

Sod it. I’ve been to 9 gigs and I’m contributing.

1. Legacy of the Beast 2008 at the O2. First night. Although the 2022 LOTB tour was good, this was ridiculously good. The set list was perfect, Bruce sung really well and I got to hear The Clansman, Sign of the Cross and Flight of Icarus for the first time. To echo @GhostofCain, belting the chorus to Icarus was a personal highlight.

2. Book of Souls O2 First Night. It’s not my favourite reunion album but the tour was very special for obvious reasons. The Red and the Black and Book of Souls were glorious live.

3. Reading Festival 2005. My first Maiden gig and what a set list! Probably their most ballsy set list of the 21st century (ok, maybe tied with the tour the following year…). I can still remember Bruce shouting ‘Let’s go jumping!’ during Phantom. As a 16 year old who had just finished his GCSEs, I was in heaven. And then I went to pick up ‘Death on the Road’ the next day.

Honourable mentions

Ears Court 2006 first night. Running back across Waterloo bridge to catch the last train home. The gig was delayed due to the backstage fire. And to top it off, I got the ‘Different World’ single in the post the following day. A great Christmas present.

Future Past O2 first night. CSIT, Stranger, WOTW, Alexander and Hell on Earth. Just perfect.

It seems we have been to many gigs together (I have been to all those but Reading)! I was the guy wearing a Maiden T-shirt.

Indeed! And you were probably at Twickenham and the O2 in 2011 and 2013? I know you didn’t do Donnington in 2022.

I did both O2 gigs in 2011, but missed the 2013 ones as I had naïvely believed the publicity of Donington 2013 being their only UK gig of the year. Thankfully, I had included the gig in Zagreb as part of the holidays with my better half! :lol:

I di not see them in the UK in 2008 (did Spain, two gigs in Norway and one in Sweden) and also missed Donington in 2022 (not a fan of that festival after Drownload 2016).

Last edited:
seen more than 30 gigs, since 1998. my favorites would be I think:
1- 2023, Ljubljana, yeah, many errors were made that day but it was first for me to witness the first gig of the tour. And the setlist was surprising all through. And yes, hearing Alexander the Great live for the first time\m/
2- 2018, Plovdiv, Legacy of the Beast. Perfect sound, show, and setlist.
3- 1998, Istanbul, 2nd night. Blaze was good that day. And I've got the chance to be on stage in Heaven Can Wait's sing-a-long part. It was a little adventure, to find Steve's guard Wally, ask him for this opportinity, he told me to wait at some door after a song, and going through the back stage and sing the ooo's with Steve next to me and 4 thousand people in the amphitheatre infront of me. And I was 21 years old at that time, so it was really surreal :)
4- 2002 Brixton, one of the additional gigs in charity for Burr's MS charity, seeing Bruce and Adrian for the first time, in their home country, and at the end Clive Burr appears...
5- 2013, Moscow, actually the sound was bad in the arena but I did met with Bruce and Steve at backstage for my and my friend's interview an hour before the show. The Trooper beer was new at the time, Steve asked me if I tried Trooper or not, I said no, he went to his part of the backstage brought a beer, but then asked me if I had an opener, I was already at shock seeing Steve bringing me beer etc, I said no, he went back, brought me an opener. I could only say Thanks... So with this little memory show became something else. (And I don't drink beer, which is a bummer, I know :)) )
6- Somewhere back in time Athens. Greeks are something else really. And the setlist, mummy, mariner, you know...

Last edited:
5- 2011, Moscow, actually the sound was bad in the arena but I did met with Bruce and Steve at backstage for my and my friend's interview an hour before the show. The Trooper beer was new at the time, Steve asked me if I tried Trooper or not, I said no, he went to his part of the backstage brought a beer, but then asked me if I had an opener, I was already at shock seeing Steve bringing me beer etc, I said no, he went back, brought me an opener. I could only say Thanks... So with this little memory show became something else. (And I don't drink beer, which is a bummer, I know :)) )

Wasn’t The Trooper beer launched in 2013??

Wasn’t The Trooper beer launched in 2013??

yeap sorry, the date is 18 July 2013.
i mixed it with the final frontier tour. (i'm editing the original post now)

Fortunate enough to have seen at least one gig on every tour since the X-factour back in 1995.

I’ve never experienced a bad gig as I have no recollection of ever coming away from a Maiden gig disappointed however, these would be my standout memories:

1) Ed hunter tour 1999. Fan club trip and saw them in both Paris and Rotterdam. Both gigs were superb but I Guess the Paris one stands out being as how excited I was on the journey there and the build up to seeing Bruce for the first time fronting Maiden. Megadeth we’re great support on both nights.

2)Metal 2000, Earls Court. Simply stunning set list and performance plus great support in Slayer and Entombed.

3) X-Factour, Nov 1995. First time ever seeing the band. I really liked the album and Blazes voice so whilst I was a bit miffed that I would never see Maiden with Bruce (little did I know he would return at the time) I still had a great time. I know Blaze got a lot of shit live when singing the Bruce stuff but I never had an issue with it and thought he did ok. Plus my dying bride as support. I love that band and it was my first time seeing them too.

4) AMOLAD tour, Dec 2006, Earl’s Court. Only time ever they’ve played an entire album so a very special and unique experience. Plus it happens to be my Favourite reunion album (tied with Senjutsu now).

5) Early days tour, Paris 2005. They never played the UK on this tour if memory serves me correctly, except for 2 dates, reading and Leeds festival. Great to see them abroad and the set list was a fans wet dream with all the tracks only from the first 4 albums.

6) Twickenham, 2008. Awesome to see Maiden in an outdoor stadium and the set list was superb as was the performance.

5) Early days tour, Paris 2005. They never played the UK on this tour if memory serves me correctly, except for 2 dates, reading and Leeds festival. Great to see them abroad and the set list was a fans wet dream with all the tracks only from the first 4 albums.

They did play Reading and Leeds festivals and a gig to raise funds for Clive Burr at the Hammersmith Odeon. :)

I'm glad Maiden has stopped neglecting the UK as much as they did in the years after the reunion, with three full tours in six years. After Brave New World, there were only three UK tours until The Book of Souls with shows being restricted to London or festival shows.

I remember when I became a fan in 2011 at the tender age of 13, just after the The Final Frontier tour, it was pretty much impossible to convince my parents to take me to see them until I finally convinced my dad to take me to Knebworth in 2014.

I'm glad Maiden has stopped neglecting the UK as much as they did in the years after the reunion, with three full tours in six years. After Brave New World, there were only three UK tours until The Book of Souls with shows being restricted to London or festival shows.

I remember when I became a fan in 2011 at the tender age of 13, just after the The Final Frontier tour, it was pretty much impossible to convince my parents to take me to see them until I finally convinced my dad to take me to Knebworth in 2014.

They get a shitload of money playing one-off shows/festivals… They tend to do arena tours when they release an album, and festivals when they are milking the back catalogue.

They get a shitload of money playing one-off shows/festivals… They tend to do arena tours when they release an album, and festivals when they are milking the back catalogue.
It is frustrating when they only do festivals i.e download in the U.K. Gone are my days of doing festivals. Hence i went to Warsaw to make sure i saw them last year and not Download.

2018 was refreshing when they did a UK tour for a hits tour.

Especially just a year after the last one. I remember coming out of the Birmingham show on the TBOS tour thinking I might not see them again because of how rare and sparse (at the time) UK tours were.

Last edited:
Back