Those that have been to 10 or more Maiden gigs

Christopher Baines

Educated Fool
List your fav 3. Its a tough as ive been to every tour since 1993 bar Xf and VXI and theyll plenty if you been to far more gigs then me. Heres mine:
1. Donington 2003 great setlist just great atmos all round
2. Earls Court 2006 the whole of AMOLAD and Daveys 50th birthday. Awesome gig
3. Manchester 2003 loved the DOD stage and band on fire

Close was Manchester in the Future Past tour. Best sounding ive heard the band for ages and of course that setlist

Paris 99 at number one is the only definite ranking. Much of a muchness for most of the rest, other than belfast in 11 and 22 were a bit weaker.

Saw them 42 times yet since 1990 and my fave three gigs are:

1) Mannheim 1992
2) Hamburg 1999
3) Dublin 2005 cause that was the day I met them all 6 and could talk to them. it made the gig later that day very special for me.

Last edited:
For me, it's pretty clear.
1) London 2017, first night. That was the best Maidenfans meetup and me and Perun and Ariana fought our way to the barrier by the end of the show.
2) Chicago, 2017. Also a great meetup but the guitar sound that night was blisteringly good. Adrian's solo during Powerslave was so good I think my face melted off.
3) Ottawa, 2022. Alone this time, but a hell of a sound, band was in great shape, and it felt so good to be back seeing Maiden after the fucking pandemic.

1. The ol’ irvine meadows amphitheater.
may 30 2008 Irvine Ca USA
Somewhere back in time tour
The perfect night . Best friends, perfect buzz
Perfect Weather. First time experiencing ROT F Mariner live. My favorite song ever. The setlist was a super-powerhouse of jams. Magic. A truly magical night!

2. Irvine again, 2006-AMOLAD full album played . This concert experience gets better for me everyday. I Praise every God that’s ever been praised that I was there and saw this legendary event.

3 all the rest- too many to count. Loved them all 3rd best!:applause:

1. Oslo 2008
2. Tallinn 2018
3. London 2017, both nights
Good to see Tallinn in second place. I’ve seen Maiden twice and one of those was in Tallinn in 2018.
2) Chicago, 2017. Also a great meetup but the guitar sound that night was blisteringly good. Adrian's solo during Powerslave was so good I think my face melted off.
Adrian does have a very powerful sound, especially live.

I've been lucky enough to see Maiden 29 times over the last 27 years. My Top 3 would probably look like -

1. Baltimore, 1996 - The X Factour live at the Hammerjacks club in Baltimore - Not my favorite version of the band, but you never forget your first and this was my first Maiden show. It was surreal seeing your favorite band in a tiny tiny music club. It was a life changing gig for me. I'll still never forget Janick climbing on top of the PA or how intense Steve was the entire night. Mindblowing.

2. Stuttgart, 1999 - Ed Hunter Tour, Schleyerhalle, Germany - Fresh off Bruce and Adrian coming back with perhaps the best set list I've seen to date. This show was really an affirmation at the time that Maiden is my favorite band.

3. London, 2017 - Book of Souls Tour, 02 Arena - I went to both nights and they were amazing. Seeing Maiden in their home town was always a bucket list item for me and I still can't believe I was able to make it happen. Plus, I loved the Book of Souls tour so much which also helps!

Honorable mentions would be East Rutherford 2006 (full AMOLAD show), East Rutherford 2008 (SBIT tour, Rime from Flight 666 was recorded at this show) and Washington, DC 2022 (first Maiden gig post pandemic).

1. Beast on the Road 1982 Atlanta, Ga. Headline show in an intimate club setting at the Agora Ballroom. The Agora was directly across the street from the Fox Theater. The Fox was where I saw Maiden the first time in 1981 opening for Priest and Whitesnake. They were simply amazing that night,. They were very aggressive, loud, and in your face. I don't think Maiden did a lot of headline shows in the US in 1982 so I feel very lucky I got to see this one.

2. Maiden England Tour 2012 Atlanta, Ga. Before this show the last time I got to see Maiden with Bruce was the Fear of the Dark Tour. The last time they played Atlanta at all was 1996 with Blaze. The band ignored the Southeastern US for years but finally after all those years I got to see Maiden again and the show was so worth the wait.

3. World Piece Tour was unique in that they played 'Tush' with Quiet Riot. I did see the opening show in Sunrise, Fl for the Book of Souls tour. It is the only time so far I got to see the very first show of the tour. All the shows I saw were great with the exception of the Blaze show as he lost his voice near the end of the set and encore. Plus it was kind of depressing seeing them in a very small club for a band of their stature when it wasn't like a surprise warm-up show for a tour.

1. Beast on the Road 1982 Atlanta, Ga. Headline show in an intimate club setting at the Agora Ballroom. The Agora was directly across the street from the Fox Theater. The Fox was where I saw Maiden the first time in 1981 opening for Priest and Whitesnake. They were simply amazing that night,. They were very aggressive, loud, and in your face. I don't think Maiden did a lot of headline shows in the US in 1982 so I feel very lucky I got to see this one.

2. Maiden England Tour 2012 Atlanta, Ga. Before this show the last time I got to see Maiden with Bruce was the Fear of the Dark Tour. The last time they played Atlanta at all was 1996 with Blaze. The band ignored the Southeastern US for years but finally after all those years I got to see Maiden again and the show was so worth the wait.

3. World Piece Tour was unique in that they played 'Tush' with Quiet Riot. I did see the opening show in Sunrise, Fl for the Book of Souls tour. It is the only time so far I got to see the very first show of the tour. All the shows I saw were great with the exception of the Blaze show as he lost his voice near the end of the set and encore. Plus it was kind of depressing seeing them in a very small club for a band of their stature when it wasn't like a surprise warm-up show for a tour.
Sounds like great memories. Would have love to be at those gigs. Any pics of the 82 or 83 shows

Sounds like great memories. Would have love to be at those gigs. Any pics of the 82 or 83 shows
Sorry, no. Sometime after the 83 show I bought from a vendor one print from that Atlanta show. I remember it had Dave, Steve, and the walk on Eddie in the strait jacket. I have no idea if I even still have it.

Been to their concerts 7 times but gonna answer anyway.

1. Legacy Of The Beast 2018 - Amazing setlist and stage show! Piece Of Mind is my favorite so songs like Where Eagles Dare, Revelations and Flight Of Icarus were very good. Also really liked the Sign Of The Cross and The Clansman I didn't expect. For The Greater Good Of God was also a welcome surprise.

2. The Future Past 2023 - Pretty cool setlist with lots of rarities, Hell On Earth was great and all the Somewhere In Time songs worked super well, they should play that stuff more often!

3. The Final Frontier 2010 - First Iron Maiden concert and maybe that's why it holds a special place for me. At the time I didn't realize how special the setlist was. Really hoping they'd do something similar again playing lots of reunion era songs.

This is going to be a hard one for me because I had a great shows but these are currently my top three favorite shows:

1. The show on April 26, 2016 during the "Book of Souls Tour" in Shanghai because it was my first concert in a foreign country.
2. The show on July 15 of this year during the "Future Past Tour" because it was my first show in Milan and in Italy, they played many of my favorite songs, I heard many songs I hoped to hear for the very first time, I made new friends, and I saw Stratovarius for the very first time even though they played only two songs it was great to see them.
3. The show on August 6, 2000 in Mansfield, Massachusetts during the "Brave New World Tour" because it was my very first Iron Maiden show. It was also my first time seeing Queensryche and Rob Halford live. I enjoyed hearing classics, hearing Blaze-era songs and songs from "Brave New World." Bruce also said that New York City were the "kings of heavy metal but Boston is the balls and steel of heavy metal." Later that night there was a major thunderstorm so I drove to beach and it was awesome watching lightning over the sea as I blasted "Ghost of the Navigator."

We'de love to hear your memories mindruler
My first was The X Factour and special because it was also my first metal concert ever.
Graspop 2000 during the Brave New World Tour comes second because that was a perfect gig for me after I had a meet and greet with the boys.
And the bronze goes to the Days Of Future Past which was special because Somewhere In Time and Senjutsu are among my favourite albums and it was with my gf.

35 gigs so far since 1996. My favourite memories are as follows:

- Leganes, Spain, Ed Hunter tour, 26/09/1999. I will never forget the massive roar of the audience when Bruce came on stage running like a maniac. He had clearly been missed! :lol:
- London, UK, A Matter of Life and Death, 22/12/2006. Although both gigs (end of the A Matter of Life and Death tour) were fantastic, the first gig was memorable for a couple of reasons: I bumped into Bruce in London earlier that day and Maiden entertained us for 30 minutes during a power cut. Other bands would have left the stage, but not Maiden. An extra special day. The Longest Day was a particular highlight of that show.
- Oslo, Norway, Somewhere Back in Time, 24/07/2008. I went to 4 gigs on that tour, with 3 of them in Scandinavia and this was the best one. In fact, I remember it as possibly the best Maiden performance I have ever witnessed, with Bruce in a fantastic mood.
- London, UK, Legacy of the Beast, 10/08/2018. Again both gigs were great, but I had a better view on the first night so I'll go with that one. I will never forget the audience belting out Flight of Icarus. Best moment of a brilliant gig and one of the highlights of the Maiden gigs I have been to.
- London, UK, Future Past, 08/07/2023. Both gigs were great, but the second night was my daughter’s first ever Maiden show. She loved it and so did I!

Back