Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/11/07)

Thingfish said:
Such dedication to type all that out, Forostar!  :D

To be frank, I copied this from an older post of mine, so the typing was done earlier. ;)

Thingfish said:
Did you get to listen to the song too? :)

Not yet, but I will do that soon!
:)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/11/07)

It's time for a track to celebrate the upcoming Maiden tour with a classic from the World Slavery Tour era, and what better than the momentous opening number from Powerslave that always sends shivers up my spine...

'Aces High'!!!

http://media.putfile.com/Aces-High---Acoustic-Version

Hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you do and what you like about it!!!

:yey:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 23/11/07)

Nice to see a new track again !

I finally listened to "Total Eclipse", and right after that I spinned "Aces High"!

In TE I heard some nice, unexpected backing vocals. Overall a cool performance and a couplet-riff that sounds nice on acoustics!

Aces High took a little bit of a Spanish turn, didn't it? :)
Cool that you included the speech, also the echoes in the bridge are done in the right way. LOVE the "Do or die" backing vocal man! :)

The second solo, man, that longer tone (at 2.58) is played with nice feel!

A top 5 Thingfish deliverance!!

Very glad you enjoyed them, Forostar. I always had the idea of having Churchill's Speech at the start of my version of Aces High because it is simply a great opening to have and it should have been on the Powerslave album too :)

As you will have noticed, I love doing three and four part harmonies (maybe I sometimes do them too much!) but they certainly help flesh out the sound when you're trying to play a fairly loud and aggressive song on normal quiet acoustics :D

Great stuff.  Absolutely no complaints this time; it even sounded heavy enough, which is surprising for acoustics!  :applause:

Thankyou both, always good to hear people enjoying my stuff! :)

Well, I return from another lengthy hiatus, caused mainly by a busy time at work and then Christmas, with another track for my acoustic Maiden project that will hopefully have been worth the wait. It's certainly a tough one to do acoustically as the original is so perfect and amazingly constructed, but I like to think I've given it a good go! :) So, here it is...

'Moonchild'!

http://media.putfile.com/Moonchild---Acoustic-Version

:yey: :yey: :yey:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 29/12/07)

It was worth the wait !   :)

Damn, Maiden rhythm guitars sound cool acoustically! You handle the vocals well, esp in the chorus imo.
Great speed in the Dave solo and I like the feel in the Adrian solo!

Two excellent SSOASS tracks to go, keep'em coming !

Sweet.  I can finally hear Thighfish songs. 

I like how the song still maintains the eeriness despite it being stripped down.  Did my ears hear you go "tu, tu, tu" during the intro bass lines?

Glad to see you back Thingfish and the wait was definitely worth it did a great job on the vocals and the guitar was amazing like always. I Just listened to Caught Somewhere In time the whole song is so perfect and I think its one of your best vocal performances. :ok:

Forostar : I'm glad you think so, especially in a song like this which is, once again, a difficult one to sing. In fact, the most difficult vocal part is the intro which Bruce sings so easily as if it were nothing at all, but actually he just sounds so relaxed because his voice is so wide at that high B whereas I, being a bass, am straining to keep it as calm and quiet as he does whilst still hitting the notes!

Genghis : Glad you can hear my songs now! Hope you get to listen to them all! I tried to maintain the eeriness by having the whispering/gravelly voice since the verses and bridges in each ear whilst the main voice is in the centre. Seemed to work quite well :) And yes, during the intro chords I am indeed doing the combined sounds of a human cymbal and the bass notes, only subtly, though :D

Prisoner : Thankyou very much for listening and for the compliments!

I've heard about Thingfish's acoustic covers before, but this Moonchild is the first one I have heard. You do some great guitar work, really nice! As for the vocals, they're good, but at some places they peak and get distorted - such as the "fer" in "luciFER's my name" at 01:54. Maybe you're too close to the mic when you sing? And, while I'm at it (I don't know which program you use to put all this together, but) you should add a little bit of reverb to the vocals. :D

Thanks, gulranek. It would sound as though you maybe don't have very good speakers, as I have found bad speakers do tend to make noise spikes on my tunes but good ones, or headphones, handle the songs perfectly. Also, there is reverb on the vocals which you're maybe not hearing properly (or maybe you just prefer a lot more).

Hope you get to listen to some of the other tracks, though :) I would recommend Paschendale, Sea Of Madness and Aces High of the recent ones :D

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 27/01/08)

One of the best vocal performances Thingfish! You also did the small "die" in the first pre-chorus, haha, heard it!
Very bright, clear Dave solo! Great feel, also in the Adrian solo!

And then the backing vocals are coming up! I really like it!  :ok:

Apart from "The Trooper" you did whole Piece Of Mind!

Hehe, thanks, Foro!  :bigsmile: Yes, Steve's little "...die" in the first pre-chorus was what I was talking about :) I always loved that little oddity and had to put it in :)

Trooper will be the last one from Piece Of Mind, yes, but it won't be for another 10 tracks or so. I am actually doing these songs in a secret album order, even if it doesn't seem like it :D

Really nice Thingfish.  :)  On your rockers, I sometimes have an issue with the "heaviness" missing (which is simply because of the acoustic sound, not your fault), but you managed to nail the feel of the original really well in this one.  And nice solos.

Whoa! Nice one! You nailed Adrian's solo in the end, sounds awesome! Your vocals and the accoustic guitar gives the song a bit of a different feel.

Back