Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 04/06/08)

Thingfish said:
I can actually record ok using my Samson Q1U USB mike, it's the output through Parallels that is the problem, it is very choppy if you try to reduce the latency to a usable level. I believe it is indeed being addressed by the Parallels' manufacturer, but it does indeed sound like Boot Camp is the best idea, though  :huh:

Yeah, if you go with a 32gb partition in FAT32 with Boot Camp, the drive can be accessed by the OS X partition once you restart.  I'm surprised you didn't look into a copy of Logic.

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 23/03/08)

Thingfish said:
Anyway, this time I've returned with another rocker, a fairly simple track to ease my way back into the way of things, but a great song nonetheless!

'Wildest Dreams'!!

Just an OK song IMHO (compared to other Maiden songs, of course), but as usual I liked your rendition of it. The vocals mixed a little loud, perhaps, but they sound good and the guitar is excellent as usual. Thumps up  :okok:

LooseCannon said:
Yeah, if you go with a 32gb partition in FAT32 with Boot Camp, the drive can be accessed by the OS X partition once you restart.  I'm surprised you didn't look into a copy of Logic.

I enjoy using Cubase and am used to it, so I'm looking into a friend of mine ***cough*** 'acquiring' ***cough*** a copy of version 4 for Mac for me :)

You may have been wondering "Where in the heck the latest installment of the long-running Thingfish acoustic Maiden project!?", and well you might! It's (disgracefully) been two months since the last song was finished, and I don't really have too many excuses for the delay except that it had to be just right...and I hope it is!

'Afraid To Shoot Strangers'!!!

http://media.putfile.com/Afraid-To-Shoo ... ic-Version

Enjoy, and, if you can, please do listen on headphones, as that will give you the best listening experience!

:yey:

http://www.freewebs.com/thingfishy
http://www.notb.org/thingfish

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/08/08)

Awesome stuff Thingfish.  Just what I needed after a hard day. :)

Invader said:
Awesome stuff Thingfish.  Just what I needed after a hard day. :)

What he said. I really enjoyed it. (I actually played along with it on my own acoustic. This song sounds really good on an acoustic guitar).

He's still alive!! I was wondering where you were. Great work once again really enjoyed this one!

WooohOoo :) Thanks, guys, glad to be back and glad you liked it! :)

Nice stuff! I really miss this song in the live set.

Who knows, it may make a return in the next History tour, Foro... :)

:yey:

You know I thought about you the other day...I thought: Whatever happened to Thingfish and his acoustic interpretations, I've missed them....so you can imagine my joy when I saw you'd made some more :). And this recording of Afraid to Shoot Strangers is really really good, well done as ever!

Nice one Fishy  :ok: ! I was curious to hear the solos -the first part of solos wowed me

Forostar said:
Nice stuff! I really miss this song in the live set.

how true, plus I've never withnessed it with Bruce on vocals

Natalie said:
You know I thought about you the other day...I thought: Whatever happened to Thingfish and his acoustic interpretations, I've missed them....so you can imagine my joy when I saw you'd made some more :). And this recording of Afraid to Shoot Strangers is really really good, well done as ever!

Glad to know I can bring you joy, Natalie!!  :wub:

Perfect as always. I remember you`ve posted a link of a site with all your maiden covers listed, and available to listen. So, could you please post it again?

Just listened to your Paschendale cover (I know I don't keep up,  but that's just me  :D).  All I can say is,  OMG!!!! That was amazing.  Seriously I did not expect it to be that good.  Excellent,  magnificent job  :ok:.  I'll try and hear some of your other stuff in due time  :).

Lovro said:
Perfect as always. I remember you`ve posted a link of a site with all your maiden covers listed, and available to listen. So, could you please post it again?

The main site is http://www.freewebs.com/thingfishy and the download site is http://www.notb.org/thingfish  :yey:

SneakySneaky said:
Just listened to your Paschendale cover (I know I don't keep up,  but that's just me  :D).  All I can say is,  OMG!!!! That was amazing.  Seriously I did not expect it to be that good.  Excellent,  magnificent job  :ok:.  I'll try and hear some of your other stuff in due time  :).

I'm very happy you enjoyed it so much, Sneaky! :) There is a lot of effort put into these tracks, and it's always great to hear when it paid off and someone loved them!

Listened to The Legacy and Afraid... and good work, Thingfish :) Especially Afraid...

Back