The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I like Sanctuary as the last song. I think Hallowed Be Thy Name is the best song to finish with. Goes out with a bang, and it's their best song IMO. Any song to come after it will be a disappointment. Probably won't happen again though, considering how challenging it is for Bruce.

But how many natural closers do Maiden have? I can't see many songs it would be natural to finish a show with. Running Free and Sanctuary are two. And then you have Run to the Hills, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Wasted Years. I think Heaven Can Wait would work. Of course Iron Maiden, but that one will always be before the encore.

Wasn't Prowler the last song on several tours in the early days? For me it seems like a bad choice. Maybe 2 Minutes to Midnight would be a cool song to finish with.

Yeah, Prowler was the closer in 81-83. Not sure about 2 Minutes, though; Personally I think it works best as a follow-up to the opener(s). Each to their own, I guess.

Another early deep cut that could work is Drifter, which I think was one of the encores in 2005

Running free I thought was terrible as a closer, with a silver lining• : I cared so little about the song that We were able to get to the front of the cab/ uber line and ahead of the traffic out of the venues...
WY is great as a finale. DOD, aces high, RTTH would be a killer encore...

I think 2MtM would be a great closer.

"Midniiiiiiiiiight...ALL NIGHT!"

1-2

Big finish rock concert chord and crazing soloing as Bruce says goodnight.

Got my tickets to San Berdoo -- likely won't make Chicago. Bringing my kid, so I probably won't come early for Kamelot, Exodus, etc. No great loss, IMO. I am interested in hearing Ghost. Anyone seen them live?

I saw them as a headliner late last year, I liked it .. good show, musically talented, good vocals, good songs. Worth seeing IMO

Just bought tickets! I'm still a bit unsure how to get them, because it says that print at home is an option, but doesn't it want you to bring the card and scan it there? Or should I print the tickets?
If you don't see a credit card option, you'll probably get options to either print at home or have the tickets sent to your phone. I'm printing them in case there's a problem with the phone when I go to present it at the arena.

When I go to the page for my tickets, I see this:
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 4.56.24 PM.jpg
And then when I click "view tickets", I see this:
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 4.56.50 PM.jpg

That is a dead end in my view and the EP was hopelessly weak, they need to get back to a balance between costumes and powerful volume, between BOC influences and a genuine guitar attack.

Their EPs are just a way of them having fun, and Square Hammer was one of the best songs released last year. Their next album will be "darker" and heavier according to the band.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm quite looking forward to seeing Shinedown supporting this year, they were great at Download last year, and their newest album is pretty damn good.

Last edited:
I did the flash seats option for tickets. The tickets were just transferred to the app on my phone. So I should be able to just have them scan the barcode and I'll be set to go. Just in case I'm gonna bring my credit card I used and the confirmation slip. Better safe then sorry. That being said the flash seats app needs to be updated, looks like they haven't touched it since 2010..

Tampa is printed tickets. I secured 2 Friday morning using my fan club code but fought for hours against the site's "not a robot" games.... was horrid.. I got decent seats though straight back balcony after being First to the Barrier last year. I also secured 2 VIP party tickets so I'll be attending that too. Expensive overall but worth it.

If you don't see a credit card option, you'll probably get options to either print at home or have the tickets sent to your phone. I'm printing them in case there's a problem with the phone when I go to present it at the arena.

When I go to the page for my tickets, I see this:
View attachment 5514
And then when I click "view tickets", I see this:
View attachment 5515

Thanks, man. Print at home is an option for me and that's what I usually do for events ... so if I can do that, I'm probably going to. I saw an option for print at home and send to mobile phone.

Iron Maiden's own website with the tour announcement.... Steve is quoted about it.. Because they are playing many cities they didn't do in 2016, they don't want to change much. I hope they change COTD and one or two of TBOS songs for others like "The Great Unknown" and "Man of Sorrows". I'm totally cool with Powerslave staying :)
Wouldn't mind a different SIT song from Wasted Years though too. Bruce sounded horrifically worn out on the live version the band released just a few days ago from this tour

Back